cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
28 Comments
Abhilash Sasi
Level 1
Level 1

From where can we download the image for virtual WSA? Please share the link as well.

Christian Rahl
Level 1
Level 1

This is not available yet as it is still beta and will shortly be moving to FCS.  You will have to contact your cisco sales team.

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer

Cisco Web Content Security Appliance

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

does we get trail lice i want that for my study

waqas younas
Level 1
Level 1

You can download the vm from

http://inecert.com

alexdelangel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends,

Instead of set up the date and time parameters through the command datetime, is there a way to point to an NTP server?

Regards!

Atazazuddin Shaikh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Thanks! for the reviewing, yes we can configure an NTP server from the GUI (once the setup wizard ran):

From GUI:

System Administration > Time setting > Edit setting > "Use Network Time Protocol"  and configure the NTP servers.

Have a Great! day

Regards,

Zack

alexdelangel
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to you for your help Zack,

I will start to deploy a demo about this vWSA, and let me tell you that I am sure that you have helped a lot of people with this tutorial. I have another question, the license that we recevie via email (for demo), for how many users will it work?

Again, thank you so much for your support.

Regards!

Atazazuddin Shaikh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good Morning

Thanks! for the feedback we greatly appreciated it, it depends on the model but the demo and S100v model should support up to 1000 connections.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Thanks again for the feedback,

Regards

Zack

alexdelangel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zack

I have a new issue, when I try to load the demo license either FTP or CLI. It sends me an error about the demo license is not available yet. I mean, when I paste the content of the XML file through the CLI and then I type the Ctrl + D sends me that error. Or when I type the command loadlicense, and then option 2, I type the license.xml and it still sends me that error. Could you please help me? It is a demo and we are competing against blue coat and other vendor.

Regards!

Atazazuddin Shaikh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Thanks for reaching out, I have seen this error. Please set the clock on the vWSA to make sure it has the current date and times.  because their is a date in the license file.

from the CLI:

vWSA.com>settime

Current time Wed Aug 06 19:08:53 2014 GMT.
Please enter the time in MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS format.

<enter the month,day....>

enter out and commit the change.

Please let me know if you still have an issue.

Regards,

Zack

alexdelangel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zack,

Thanks for your answer, but I had already set the date and clock. What else could be the origin of this issue?

Regardas!

Atazazuddin Shaikh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry you are having trouble installing license, I was advise that some of the vWSA license were invalid, I would suggest to reach out the contact you got the license from and get another one quickly.  in addition you can also call Cisco TAC # 1 800 553 2447 and speak with the licensing team and they will provide you a "demo" license.

Regards,
Zack

alexdelangel
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks, I will try. Wish me luck! Regards
alexdelangel
Level 1
Level 1

Zac,

The issue did reside on the date. I started to read the content of XML file and the Begin date was an hour later, I changed the time on Ironport and I was able to load the license. Now I have another question. How can we now for how much users the demo license is? I downloaded a S000v, and the showlicense prompts the next result:

Unknown command: SHOWLICENSE
Please run System Setup Wizard at http://192.168.210.156:8080
ironport.example.com> showlicense

Virtual License
===============

vln                      VLNWSA38996279
begin_date               Wed Aug 06 16:14:51 2014 GMT
end_date                 Mon Sep 22 16:14:50 2014 GMT
company                  CONNEXT SOLUCIONES SA DE CV
seats                    1
country                  MX
serial                   65FC
email                    alexandro_delangel@connext.com.mx
issue                    1fc3c71bdeca4bb2ba2ec57756cd6314
license_version          1.1

Atazazuddin Shaikh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I am glad you were able to load the license, you must need to run the setup Wizard and as for the number of users this should support few hundred users less than 1000, for the demo purpose and testing you be ok.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Regards,

Zack

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: