Helpful
Replies

3270 Emu program keep alive setup cause 7507(TN3270 Server) Down

SZU CHI CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

need all of your suggest

my cx use 3270 Emu program which enable keep alive 30 second in it's default config

when client idle 30 second,it auto triger keepalive to TN3270 server(7507)

But 7507 send back TN_DEV_IN use(TN device in use)to client,and client must reconnect to server

does any one know how to bypass 7507 send this to client,

my cx have exceed four hundred 3270 client

it takes so long to set per client

so any command can issue in 7507 to bypass this

tks

4 Replies 4

dmccullo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jason,

Something's fishy here, because the DEVICE-IN-USE response should be the result of a new connection negotiation, and the server should respond fine to a keepalive request. It's probably best to work this with Cisco TAC, but you could try turning off keepalives and timing marks on the server with the following tn3270 commands -

"keepalive 0"

"no timing-mark"

Rgds, Dan

tks

Dan

you mean even my TN 3270 Emu client triger this keep alive packet

and if i issue you recommand command

keepalive 0

no timing-mark

can bypass this problem

tks

I don't know if these commands will bypass the problem, only that they might. I'm really guessing here, because the result you describe doesn't add up. My guess is that your emulator is missing a timing-mark or no-op keepalive from the server, and when the client then sends it's own keepalive the server views it as a sequence error and closes the session. The best way to work this out is probably to start with a trace of a complete session.

tks

it still doesn't work

i had open tac for solve this issue

tks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: