cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

about the F1 Series board

xutingh3c
Level 1
Level 1

1) I can not find any buffer info in the datasheet, anybody knows?

2) If more than one M1 cards and F1 cards are mixed, which M1 card will forward L3 traffic for the F1 card ? Do the customers need to manually designate one?

1 Reply 1

phiharri
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings Ting,

I don't believe the packet buffer size on the F1 cards is published externally, sorry. What I can say is that it is smaller than on an M1 linecard as F1s are optimised for minimal latency.

Traffic received on an F1 module which needs to be routed is sent on an internal port-channel that by default consists of ports on all M1 modules present in the VDC. So routed traffic is automatically load-balanced similar to Etherchannel hashing across the available M1 forwarding engines.

You can manually configure which M1 modules are used with the 'hardware proxy layer-3 routing ..' command, the following section of the config guide has some more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/unicast/configuration/guide/l3_route.html#wp1090728

Hope you find this useful,

/Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: