Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding FEX in VDC

Hi All,

I was referring the cisco documents where i found it is mandatory to add the FEX feature set in the default VDC. Is it also mandatory to add the FEX in default VDC and then allocate the interfaces to Nod default VDC? Or once feature set is enabled I can directly connect the cable on Non default VDC interface and configure FEX over there. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus2000/sw/configuration/guide/rel_6_1/b_Cisco_Nexus_2000_Series_NX-OS_Fabric_Extender_Software_Configuration_Guide_Release_6-x/b_Configuring_the_Cisco_Nexus_2000_Series_Fabric_Extender_rel_6_2_chapter_01.html

I am not getting it written clearly where should i Keep the FEX uplink interface. Whether I should be keeping it in Default VDC or I can keep it in Non-Default VDC. 

Regards,

Ashutosh Chauhan 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Have you allocated the interfaces you want to connect to the FEX to VDC?

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you explain why do you need a none-default VDC?

Hi, 

Cisco has provided the VDC feature. I wanted to have few more VDC according to my network requirement. One requirement was isolation of the DATA similarly few more are there. Hence I have created VDC ABC however I want to add FEX in VDC ABC since I need more interfaces on it. 

Regards,

Ashutosh Chauhan 

Hi,

Have you allocated the interfaces you want to connect to the FEX to VDC?

HTH

As of now I have kept it in default VDC. I want the fex to be added to  VDC ABC. 

Hi Reza,

Looking forward for your response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: