cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: Cisco UCS E Series Servers, Getting Started, Troubleshooting

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to this Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation.
This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions about Cisco UCS E Series Servers, with Cisco Experts, Manuel Velasco and Tara Koppolu.

Starts November 24, 2014 through December 5, 2014.

The newly introduced Cisco UCS E-Series Network Computer Engine is an ideal platform to host Cisco network services and other lightweight applications. It offers the same features you find in Cisco UCS E-Series Servers, including the Cisco Integrated Management Controller.

Ask your “How-to” questions, such as

• Set up dedicated blade management with the Cisco Integrated Management Controller and consistent management with Cisco UCS C-Series products
  • Consolidate devices, with all devices housed in a Cisco ISR G2 chassis
  • Connect virtualization-ready hardware with support for Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, and Citrix XenServer*
  • Host applications locally: bare metal or virtualized, depending on business needs

Tara Koppolu is a customer support engineer III for Cisco’s Data Center Server Virtualization TAC team based in San Jose, California.  He has been working in the TAC for the past two and half years with a primary focus on data center technologies such as Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus 1000v, and virtualization. He holds a master’s degree from University of Louisiana at Lafayette in the field of tele-communications and has CCIE certification (number 44182) in service provider and VMware VCP 5. On the non-technical side, I like writing poems, Playing guitar, games like Badminton and I strongly believe in "Every Situation is a learning opportunity".

Manuel Velasco is a customer support engineer for Cisco’s Data Center Server Virtualization TAC team based in San Jose, California. He has been working in the TAC for the past three years with a primary focus on data center technologies such as Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus 1000v, and virtualization. Manuel holds a master’s degree in electrical engineering from California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly) and VMware VCP and CCNA certifications.

Please use the rating system to let the experts know if you have received an adequate response. 

Remember that you can continue the conversation in Data Center under the sub-community Data Center / Server Networking discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through December 5, 2014. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello Guys

Can you give the link where I can review the webcast and other related items about UCS.

Regards

Wilson Veliz Plua

View solution in original post

Hi Wilson,

Cisco Have recently submitted an Expert Webcast: Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B series Upgrade & Troubleshooting

https://supportforums.cisco.com/event/12289671/expert-webcast-cisco-unified-computing-system-ucs-b-series-upgrade-troubleshooting

Let me know for any questions / concerns, much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tara

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jessica Deaken
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, I have a question.. -- . What is the memory configuration for the Cisco UCS E140S Software single-wide blade server and the Cisco UCS E140D and E160D Software double-wide blade servers? 

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your question, see attach screenshot as well the link below on page 4.

Cisco UCS E Series Servers (memory configuration Page 4)

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-e-series-servers/data_sheet_c78-705787.pdf

Let me know if this answers your question.

Hello Guys

Can you give the link where I can review the webcast and other related items about UCS.

Regards

Wilson Veliz Plua

Hi Wilson,

Can you please let me know what Exactly you are looking; There are different types of UCS products - UCS B series, UCS C series, UCS E series.

Thanks!

Tara

Hello Tara

The product is UCS-B.

Tks

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

Cisco Have recently submitted an Expert Webcast: Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B series Upgrade & Troubleshooting

https://supportforums.cisco.com/event/12289671/expert-webcast-cisco-unified-computing-system-ucs-b-series-upgrade-troubleshooting

Let me know for any questions / concerns, much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tara

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: