Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hi,If I have switchports on Nexus N2K connecting to servers and I am running vPC, May I know should I configure both the Port-Channel and physical switchports with spanning-tree port type edge or just configure that on the Port-Channel.What is the be...

ryanhoibm by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! HP and Cisco

We have a client with a Nexus 5000 at the ToR. They want to start migrating to a blade server environment for their new cloud infrastructure. How does an HP blade server move FCoE traffic from a server CNA to the ToR? I need a definitive answer. I ...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to configure a 4001i in my IBM BladeCenter.  I have connected to the switch using Hyperterminal to the console port on the switch.  I have verified the comm parameters.  I get prompt for password.  Per documentation I try "PASSW0RD" (0=zer...

This number varies greatly with type of workload and network connectivity (among other variables), but what would you say is a common number of VMs running on a particular server platform (10G NICs)? 10? 20? 40? How many sockets/cores on that server?...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a UCS B with service profile and I would like to add additonal VLAN to the existing vNIC/Service profile, How do I do that?This is a ESX server and it was changed in the VM TAB and service profile template. Also, I think unbinding the vNIC wi...

Hi All,I'm in the middle of setting up Nexus 5548 with FEX NX2248 straight-through PortChannel and vPC connection, gateway from server hosts is Cisco 3750.Here are the symptom:- Ping between PC in same VLAN and different VLAN is successful.- Ping fro...

Hi, folks:With this question, I would like to engender a discussion that is -- hopefully -- not vendor-centric, but engineering-centric, instead.What are the virtues of deploying a data center with a uniform server access architecture across the enti...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm currently trying to use MRTG to graph virtual interfaces on the Nexus 1000v. I'm not finding the snmp-ifindex command on the 1000v like the Nexus 5k has? Is there some other command that lets you see the interface index on the Nexus1000v?Thanks,C...

ctcahoe by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i have a problem connecting N4K with Qlogic CNA towards N5K with FIP Snooping feature.i ran the setup wizard on the N4K which install the QOS policy and i can see the mac under "show fip-snooping vlan discovery".but still the vfc on N5K is dow...