Views
Helpful
Replies

BE7000 RAID Configuration Error.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey folks,

Am deploying PCCE contact center solution in production which consist of 1 BE7000 (UCS 240M4S2) and 2 UCS240M3S TRC1 servers. Am stuck in a crack. This is my 1st deployment.
PCCE guide recommends to run RAID Config Validator utility. BE7k comes with pre-configured RAID 5 on 12G SAS RAID Controller card. While executing RAID Validator utility on BE7k, it gives "RAID Configuration not valid" error. Attached snapshot for your reference.

Please suggest.

regards,
Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
4 Replies 4

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

Any luck? Please suggest.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What version of ESXi are you running? It appears the configurator is expecting 4 datastores and there are only 2 configured.

Can you provide a screen capture of the virtual drives tab from the Storage tab?

Can you confirm the CIMC/BIOS version on the C240MX ?

Do you have a working server to compare this one?

-Wes

Hey Wesley,

Thanks for revert.

Absolutely am going through as per PCCE install and configuration guide. BE7K-Medium Density comes with 12SAS Integrated RAID5 controller pre-configured. I checked the RAID-5 config in CIMC and 12G SAS RAID controller console, it shows 2 RAID-5 arrays with 6*300Gb HDD in each array.

Answer to your questions:

What version of ESXi are you running? It appears the configurator is expecting 4 datastores and there are only 2 configured.

VM ESXi 5.5 is installed and licensed. Yes, its expecting 4 datastores, why? BE7k install and config guides says

• 2 arrays for BE7k 12HDD.
  • 4 arrays for BE7k 20HDD

Mine is be7k 12HDD server. URL: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/BE7000/installationguide/10_51/CUCM_BK_BA7D341C_00_be7k-install-guide-106.pdf

Refer Roman No: vi Introduction page.

Can you provide a screen capture of the virtual drives tab from the Storage tab?

Am far away from customer site.

Can you confirm the CIMC/BIOS version on the C240MX ?

I will not be able to answer with surety. I think CIMC BIOS ver. is 3.0.x

Do you have a working server to compare this one?

This is my 1st installation. I have configured UCS240M3S (non-BE server) and it shows me RAID Configuration valid. Those are running on ESXi v6.0 Attached snap for your reference.

Even if I re-install I have to configure RAID-5 arrays with 6HDD in each array as per documentation.

Currently, VMWare5.5 is installed on BE7K-M and is licensed.

RAID config validator v11.0.2.exe is expecting RAID 5 with 4 arrays. This is confusing to me. Please suggest.

regards,
Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_11_0_1/installation/Guide/PCCE_BK_P60A21AC_00_pcce-install-upgrade-guide-11-0/PCCE_BK_P60A21AC_00_pcce-install-upgrade-guide-11-0_chapter_010.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: