cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR 100X Routers

TechDude
Level 1
Level 1

Mind filling me in on what modules I actually need, I keep reading the documents but it gives me the feeling that they may not do what I want to acomplish.

The router will have two ISPs connected via either 1Gbit or SPF, then it will connect with a 5585 via SPF, which modules do I need to cover the ports?                  

6 Replies 6

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which ASR model you are talking about? It depends on model and SIP module being used. Very open question,please tell us the model you are looking for or check the ASR1K datsheet.

ASR 1006 is the one Im aiming for, just now need to know everything I need

Hi Ethan,

ASR1006 is a modular chassi router. You need the following right for day 1 :

1. Chassis with PS and related Fans.

2. RP : Route processor for the chassis

3. ESP - Embedded switch processors.

4. SIP - SPA interface processors for 10G or 1G and related SFP's.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9343/data_sheet_c78-443175_ps9343_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Please see all the ASR1006 related datasheet here :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9438/index.html

Cheers,

-amit singh

Thanks for the response

SPA-1X10GE-WL-V2 <- 10GB SFP+
SPA-8X1GE-V2 <- 1Gbits

So the two cards would give me what I need?

Ethernet to my internet gateway that the ISP Provides, and the 10GB SFP+ port I need to connect to my 5585?

Yes Ethan, you are correct. You need to SPA's for this funcationality. I think ASR does not have any combo 1G+10G SPA so you need 2 of these for your solution with the required SFP's.

Hope this helps.

-amit singh

Ive done som research and it doesnt seem to work the way I want it to

The 10Gbit interfaces dont seem to be a standard SFP+ port, what I had planned to to was interconnect my router/firewall using the SFP+, but the receiver modules dont seem to match up.

I have a fibre gateway, it does offer SFP+ ports off that gateway from the ISP which I planned to connect to my Router, then router to firewall.  Mind sharing what SPAs may support that?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: