Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 5648Q Comparability SFP

bahmanjafari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We`re planing to buy Nexus 5648Q DC switch and Nexus 2332TQ FET . i need 5k DC Switch to be Connected to ASR1002X through Gigabit SFP or Copper also we need 5k switch to be connected to SW 3850.

I understand that Cisco 5600 series support GLC-T based on the data sheet. However, I need CVR-QSFP-SFP10G before using GLC-T but if we use it, does it waste only one QSPF port or we must Convert QSPF port to ten or gigabit and waste Several ports ?!

refer ( last post ) : https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12924331/nexus-5624q-configuration-does-not-match-port-capability

( The only unfortunate side effect is I had to waste 5 additional ports on the 5k to make this work - i.e. I had to set all 6 of the ports to 10G instead of just one. )

2. if we want to use FET-40G for Connecting FET to parent Switch, which Cable should be used? we already have fiber patch panel ( LC ) connector.

bests

3 Replies 3

ahmedshoaib
Level 4
Level 4

Hi;

In your case to connect Router & Cisco 3850 switch directly to Nexus 5648 either via CVR-QSFP-SFP10G or DAC cable (40G to 4x10G cable).

You can also connected Router directly on FEX, but switch will create issue .

Thanks & Best regards;

thanks Ahmed

if i use... DAC-Cable ( 4X10G ) can i connect two of them to Cisco 3850 and other two ports to ASR gigabit port ( ten gigabit port on asr require Additional License ) ???

Actually in this solution i'm using only one 40gb port for connecting to ASR and 3850 ?

Hi;

I am doubtful & it will not work what you are looking for. I never work on twinex/DAC-cable and never see the design what you are looking for.

On other side how you distinguish the traffic coming from ASR & 3850 on Nexus side.

Thanks & Best regards;

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: