cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS C220 M3 Bios Flash Image corrupted

Shane Bohannan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new Cisco UCS C220 M3 server that the bios flash image corrupted.

Does any one know how to get to the recovery.cap file?

when the server is powered on it checks the memory and goes to this screen that i have attached, the i can not connect to the kvm or anything.

Any help will be greatly needed.

Shanephoto.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Shane,

Here is the recovery procedure document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220/install/install.html#wp1416946

You need to download 1.4.6d HUU image ( ucs-c220-huu-1.4.6d.iso ) to get the recovery.cap file. Once you mount the ISO, extract the content of c220m3_1.4.6d.zip package. The file is located under  1.4.6d/bios/recovery folder.

Can you please me know if the server has ever worked ?

Do you have access to CIMC ?

Do you know the CIMC version running on the server ?

Padma

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Shane,

Here is the recovery procedure document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220/install/install.html#wp1416946

You need to download 1.4.6d HUU image ( ucs-c220-huu-1.4.6d.iso ) to get the recovery.cap file. Once you mount the ISO, extract the content of c220m3_1.4.6d.zip package. The file is located under  1.4.6d/bios/recovery folder.

Can you please me know if the server has ever worked ?

Do you have access to CIMC ?

Do you know the CIMC version running on the server ?

Padma

Thank you for the help, I found that document, and recovered the bios.

with the error that was listed i did not have access in to CIMC.

jinewman
Level 1
Level 1

Just had the same problem.  I have a new C220 and was troubleshooting a problem with the LSI 9266-MegaRaid card not being recognized when I booted it up again and got this error.  In my case I am able to get to CIMC.  I am running version 1.4 (6d) but he BIOS read (6a). 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: