What is the default password?....

I tried:

c!SCo123

changeme

password

cisco123

password@123

none of these work. 

Checked the QWERTY/AZERTY, checked with changing the username to the password to be absolutely sure...

Any idea? Seems to me an issue with the standard Cisco VMware custom image.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

_|brt.drml|_
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved

Issues:

- the installation of the new HypervIsor Custom Cisco image did not overwrite previous installations.

- networking did not work, had to reset the HyperVisor to factory setings, Reconfigure the management network. Added the fixed route, tried PING - still no result. Rebooted the router, PING OK.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco customized ESXi install ISOs (with exception of hyperflex) won't have any passwords.  You are prompted to set the 'admin' password during install.

Are you asking about some sort of appliance that happens to have been shipped with 7.0 U1 version of ESXi installed?

Kirk...

Thank you for the response. 

I noticed now that during the load of the latest VMware iso file that it did not install a new instance.

It has performed an upgrade and the old settings where still active. Now I'm trying to reset the old configuration by overwriting the Hypervisor. That is another issue. 

But, thank you for the response, you are right. During setup it should ask for configuration details. It did not.

However, it could be that Cisco had requested a custom image with a pre installed installation file... Maybe the reason why there are default passwords.

I hope I get the latest issue resolved. I did not find any documentation on how to reset the Hypervisor... 

_|brt.drml|_
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved

Issues:

- the installation of the new HypervIsor Custom Cisco image did not overwrite previous installations.

- networking did not work, had to reset the HyperVisor to factory setings, Reconfigure the management network. Added the fixed route, tried PING - still no result. Rebooted the router, PING OK.