Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copper SFP+ for Nexus 9372PX

This question was asked a year or more ago and just wondering if there has been any movement?

Customer has an EMC server withthe built in 10Gig Copper port and we need to connect back to the Nexus 9372PX they just purchased.

I do not see a Cisco Copper SFP+ except for the built-in cables.  Is there a third party SFP+ out there that will work withthe 9372?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe that SFP+ and 10GBaseT are fundamentally incompatible, so I don't think you will ever get such an SFP+.

Secondly, 10GBaseT has considerably more latency than SFP+, making 10GBaseT a bad choice for using for storage.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you referring to 10GbaseT or TwinAx?

Looking for a 10GbaseT SFP+.  not the pre-configured cables.

I believe that SFP+ and 10GBaseT are fundamentally incompatible, so I don't think you will ever get such an SFP+.

Secondly, 10GBaseT has considerably more latency than SFP+, making 10GBaseT a bad choice for using for storage.

Thanks.  That is what we were afraid of.  The EMC is an older VNXe33000 thta is end of sale so getting a new IO midle for it may be a slim option for the customer.  They were planning on upgrading the SAN next year.  maybe they will do it this year.