cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying VSM using VSUM

Matthew Crocker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Has anyone else ran into this issue with deploying the VSM using VSUM through the vSphere Web Client? The wizard complains that the VSM requires "a valid username must have more than 0 characters" and I am unable to click "Finish" to continue with the deployment of the VSM. The username field for the VSM is pre-populated and not editable. This a bug?

See attached screenshot to view the problem.

This is latest VSUM on vSphere 5.5 U2.

1 Reply 1

jgardner150
Level 4
Level 4

I recently went through my first 1000v installation and also ran into this issue. From what I remember there is a requirement that the password does not contain any special characters and it must be a local account. Because of these requirements we decided to install it, but not use it until we need it for upgrades... To get it back to a working state for upgrades we will remove the TACACS configuration and utilize a new local account that meets the password requirements.

I can't find the document that states the password requirement I mentioned... I remember it wasn't easy to find it the first time I looked for it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: