Views
Helpful
Replies

FCoE through LACP/VPC on server with two dual-port CNA

Kirill Borozdin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

Would you please share the best practices to connect blade server via B22 FEX with two dual-port CNA? B22 is single-homed to each of two Nexus 5k, hence, we use VPC for Ethernet traffic of blades because each chassis is linked by two separate single-homed B22.

Does it make sense to aggregate all four interfaces on server into one LACP/VPC port-channel and bind two corresponding VFC interfaces on 5k switches (one per each fabric) to the port-channel interface on Nexus? Seems it doesn`t and it`s more optimal to have LACP/VPC for Ethernet traffic only and keep two separate interfaces on server intended exclusively for FCoE (bind VFC to the physical interfaces) but I`d like also to rely on your experience in similar cases.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Balaji,

Thank you for sharing VPC design.

However, my question concerns mainly how to configure switch side for the server with two dual-port CNA adapters. Do you have any best practices or any working solutions there?

In general, my question is similar to what was discussing in https://community.cisco.com/t5/server-networking/fcoe-through-lacp-or-vpc/td-p/1658510

But the only answer in that thread doesn`t fully cover all possible best practices  and their limitations

Thanks,

Best regards