Replies

Hypelflex NTP Server is not synchronization

pinjar84062
Level 1
Level 1

Hy,

I am facing below problem:

Deploying Storage Controller VM on ESXi Host

failed in Task: '' with Error: 'NTP server synchronization failed. Click Edit Configuration, enter a reliable NTP server, and retry.'

NTP server is accessible.

I also attached screenshot. Please advise us how can i solve this problem.

5 Replies 5

David Castro F.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

The VM IP is a private IP?, are you NATing this IP address to a public and allowing the inbound and outbound traffic to the NTP from the VM?

Keep me posted,

Please rate all helpful posts, and mark as correct the right answer! 

David Castro,

jwells38125
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?  I'm currently experiencing the same error when expanding a HX Cluster.

I got the same Problem and fixed it:

I installed the Programm DOMAIN TIME II inside my network on a windows server. The Programm provides ntp via multicast/broadcast and supports iburst. In the hyperflex deployment I set this server IP for ntp server to sync.

This fixed it for me.

https://www.greyware.com/download/shareware.asp?name=Domain+Time+II+Tryout

This usually boils down to either firewall, or networking restrictions between the various HX nodes (including the HX installer guestVM as well) and the NTP server via udp port 123

If the time is so far off on individual HX nodes, it may take a while for the nodes to sync up once the networking issues are cleared up that were previously blocking the NTP sync.

Kirk...

Here's what I have found in working on this issue:

Our hosts are configured to get time from 0.us.pool.ntp.org and 1.us.pool.ntp.org

This works fine - for a few days, then stops working

Once it starts failing, I've looked at the IP address that the hosts are attempting to get time from, and those hosts are no longer valid.  The servers in the pool change constantly.

It appears that the host will continue to use the same IP address it receives in the very first lookup - until the service is restarted.

If I restart the NTPD service on the host, it picks up a new and valid IP address and the time syncs again

Unfortunately, this scenario simply repeats over and over again.

So I'm looking for ways to automatically restart ntpd on a daily basis - OR - have it not cache DNS so that it is forced to go grab a new IP address