cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HyperFlex Upgrade to 3.0(1e) - DRS - No Active Hosts

jweier_elys
Level 1
Level 1

Hey - I'm encountering an issue when attempting to upgrade an existing HX cluster from 3.0(1c) to 3.0(1e). During the upgrade validation steps it fails with the following error:

Upgrade validations failed. DRS Fault: There are no active hosts in the cluster. View springpath_validation.log for details.

DRS-NoActiveHostsError.png

If I SSH to the controller VM and investigate /var/log/springpath/springpath_validation.log I see the same error but unfortunately no additional details.

We've verified that DRS is enabled and fully automated. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Jay

5 Replies 5

jweier_elys
Level 1
Level 1

I raised a case and this appears to be a bug in 3.0(1e). I was able to workaround the issue with TAC by disabling the DRS check within the pre-validation script.

-Jay

Do you have this process documented and could you post it on here?

It was pretty in depth. TAC had to go into the scripts and edit a few locations. Sorry I can't help.

Ignacio Orozco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvm77294

Go to SCVM with cluster management IP and edit the following file:

vi /usr/share/springpath/storfs-misc/validation/workflow_scripts/pre_upgrade_cluster_check.xml

Locate section
<;validator type="vcenter-validate-failover" description="Validate DRS Failover">;
<;argument name="vcenter-url" ref="vcenter-url"/>;
<;argument name="vcenter-user" ref="vcenter-user"/>;
<;argument name="vcenter-password" ref="vcenter-password"/>;
<;argument name="vcenter-datacenter" ref="vcenter-datacenter"/>;
<;argument name="ip-address-list" ref="ip-address-list"/>;
<;argument name="skip" ref="........"/>;
<;/validator>;

Changed <;argument name="skip" ref="......"/>; to <;argument name="skip" value="true"/>;
 Save the file and hit retry on upgrade.

Thanks, Ignacio.

We had this exact problem and used the documented work around. It worked as advertised and we were able to proceed with the upgrade.

Thanks for posting this workaround. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: