Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Cisco ACS 5.4 supported on ESXi 5.5?

trond.skogland
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are upgrading Cisco ACS to version 5.4, but the only VMWare platform available is ESXi version 5.5. The ACS installation docs states that version 5.0 and 5.1 are the only supported versions. Does anybody know if version 5.5 is supported too?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is supported in ACS 5.6:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-6/release/notes/acs_56_rn.html#78689

Supported Virtual Environments

ACS 5.6 supports the following VMware versions:

• VMware ESXi 5.0
  • VMware ESXi 5.0 Update 2
  • VMware ESXi 5.1
  • VMware ESXi 5.5
  • VMware ESXi 5.5 Update 1

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Clifford Aldan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

5.0 and 5.1 are the only supported ESXi versions for ACS 5.4 according to the Release Notes

Reference: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-4/release/notes/acs_54_rn.html#wp248916

Do you know if there will be an ACS release that would be supported running on ESXi 5.5??

Hi,

Did you get an answer to this question? We are planning to deploy the latest ACS (5.5 atm) but we are already running on ESX 5.5. I guess we need to wait untill ESX 5.5 is supported.

I would like to know when this will be.

EM

I got word ESX 5.5 will be supported in ACS 5.6 which is planned for April 2015.

By April 2015, ESX version 5.5 will be out for 1,5 years. In my opinion this is extremely late.

EM

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Claldan is right The only supported version are 5.0 and 5.1

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are customer who requested to have this capability in ACS latest codes to support ESXi 5.5 - Cisco has a filed an enhancement request to add a support in next release. The enhancement is in NEW state so I don't think you will see this supported any sooner.

CSCun23247    ACS ENH Support for EXS 5.5 

<B>Symptom:</B>
ACS 5.5 is supported only when installed on ESX 5.1 or older.
This enhancement request is to add a support for ESX 5.5.

ISE 1.2 is already supported on ESX 5.5

<B>Conditions:</B>
ACS in VM

<B>Workaround:</B>
NONE or move to ISE if possible

<B>Further Problem Description:</B>

I did check ACS 5.5 and that too only limited to ESX 5.0/5.1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-5/installation/guide/csacs_book/csacs_vmware.html#pgfId-1075230

hope this helps.

Regards,

Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Thanks you Lance, Jatin and Ravi for sharing your expertise with fellow community users +5 :-).

This discussion is converted into Document.

Many Regards,

Vinay Sharma
Community Manager

Thanks & Regards

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Even if you try to install ACS 5.x on ESXi 5.5 it will not work. I tried with ACS 5.3 and ACS 5.5 and both will give you hardware unsupported message when you try to install from ISO image.

The ACS is not able to discover HDD and network adapters. During the installation it shows HDD size = 0 and no network adatper detected.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

I know its an old post however just want to check is there any hope before April 2015 to get Esxi5.5 ready Cisco ACS appliance.

Dharmendra,

Should be supported in ACS 5.6

Regards,

Jatin

~Jatin

It is supported in ACS 5.6:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-6/release/notes/acs_56_rn.html#78689

Supported Virtual Environments

ACS 5.6 supports the following VMware versions:

• VMware ESXi 5.0
  • VMware ESXi 5.0 Update 2
  • VMware ESXi 5.1
  • VMware ESXi 5.5
  • VMware ESXi 5.5 Update 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: