Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 1000v and change of IP on VCenter-server

jockew
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with the following, i've tried search with no luck so far.

The Scenario:

1. We (my Company) is managing a DataCentre-environment, with UCS, VMWare, Nexus 1000v etc etc
  2. The VCenter-server has an IP-address in one network that the customers owns
  3. We are setting up an VPN between our offices and the customers DataCentre-enviromant, there will be only two /24 networks alloowed over this VPN. Sadly the VCenter-server don't have IP in one of these networks
  4. The Nexus 1000v is used as an VDS for almost all virtual-servers, including the VCenter-server
  5. Because we need to access and manage the VMware environment over the VPN in the near future, we need to change IP on the VCenter-server

My question is:

1.    How do we do this without causing any downtime for the virtual-servers?
  2.    is it just a change in the svs connection on the Nexus1000v, or do we need to handle this as if it was an migration to a new VCenter-server?

Regards

Jocke W

2 Replies 2

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

For what i understand you just want to change the vCenter IP address, correct?

Will the management interfaces on each server still be able to reach vCenter after that IP is changed?

-Kenny

Hello Keny,

Yes, the Vcenter server is on one network, 172.21.8.0/24, today and the ESXi-servers are on another network, 172.31.9.0/24.

The Venter-server will be moved to the same network as the ESXi-servers, 172.31.9.0/24.

Regards

Jocke W