Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 1010 no vsb present

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I have a customer with a pair of Nexus 1010s that they have been testing. After lots of rebooting and pulling of cables etc as they test redundancy things have gone pear shaped. Now the VSBs seem to have disappeared.

Show module says VSB not present on the primary and the secondary.

Show running config has a section like this:

virtual-service-blade NAME1-1010

virtual-service-blade-type name VSM-1.0

etc

I dont see anywhere in the config a line like

virtual-service-blade-type new iso-file

Does the above line show up in a show run ?

Also where are the ISO files stored as a show boot doesnt show them, tehre are some bin files but no .iso files.

Thanks

Regards

Pat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There was a bug fixed recently, if a VSB is present in POWERED OFF state before upgrade, then it will be lost after upgrade. Is the lost VSB was in shutdown state?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

akushwah
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like you are bringing up the setup  for first time.

Initially when you bring up Nexus1010, there will not be any VSB present. They need to be deployed using

VSB enable cli.

The running confiig that you are looking seems okie. Looks like you just associated a template with VSB.

You need to proceed further deploy VSB. Please refer to docs for the same.

"new" doesnt appear in running config. It translates to "name" which is template name that iso-file contained.

ISO files are present in bootflash:repository/  folder. If they are not there for some reason, you can download latest releases from CCO link for N1k and NAM.

Hi

It's not a new setup but was done by a clloge who is on holiday at present. Was all working with VEMs deployed. After rebooting during faolover testing we gat to this point. Looks like the VSB config wasnt saved for some reason.

Turned out the customer had attempted to do an upgrade that had gone pear shaped without telling us ....

We ended up recreating it all from scratch.

There was a bug fixed recently, if a VSB is present in POWERED OFF state before upgrade, then it will be lost after upgrade. Is the lost VSB was in shutdown state?

Thanks for the info. I have passed it on to my college who is running this project (I was covering whilst he was on holiday). That sounds like the problem to me.