cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 4001i 5010 FC devices not showing

ArrowSIVAC
Level 1
Level 1

Hardware: IBM BCH chassis with Nexus 4001i  pair of TOR 5010 with Fibre Bridge modules

Issue: Even with FIP showing MAC devies now for the blade slots, I am not seeing the FC devices show up for the MDS switch.

Diagram:

Question: In reading the deployment guide for the CISCO Nexus 4001i they note "On the Cisco Nexus 4000, it is not possible to allow FCoE traffic through a vPC uplink." and then diagram shows a dedicated 10Gb link for CEE seperate from the 20Gb Etherchannel of regular Ethernet.

Can the above diagram function in that the 20Gb Port Group which is defined as a trunk, of which vSAN 28 is bound to VLAN 28  (SW10 / SW 14) over PO1 and vSAN 27 is bound to VLAN 27  (SW11 / SW 29) over PO4

The goal of this design is NSPOF, so the Ethernet side must be cross connected upstream. FIP forwarding from SW29 should carry to SW11 which will bridge for it, while FIP forwarding for SW14 will be carried to SW10 bridge to the SAN.

1 Reply 1

Surya ARBY
Level 4
Level 4

The reference guide is there : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps10596/deployment_guide_c07-574724.html

You can avoid the cross connect for ethernet by using fig 7 with link state tracking.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: