Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 and HP C7000 Virtual Connect Performance Problem

Hi guys,

I am having a Nexus switching performance problem with an HP C7K server with Virtual Connect.

Any device that is connected to one of the Catalyst 6509 switches and is trying to communicate with servers in the C7000 blade enclosure via Virtual Connect gets poor performance.

Servers that are connected to one of the Catalyst 6509 switches and communicating with servers directly connected to the Nexus switches perform normally - it’s only when Virtual Connect is involved that we see issues.

Servers communicating within the Nexus/Virtual Connect environment do not suffer any performance problems.

I attach a brief diagram highlighting this behaviour.

Has anybody had a similar problem and found a solution, or could provide any useful pointers to help further isolate the problem, or has anyone experienced bugs with HP Virtual Connect and Nexus?

Many thanks, Ash.

2 Replies 2

Carlo Schmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ashley,

Is the HP server on the Nexus connected via 1G or 10G? I would be interested to see the pause counters on the server interface and the c7000 interfaces. Could you attach the appropriate 'show interface' outputs?

Thanks,
Carlo 

Thanks for your help Carlo, traced the problem to a connectivity issue between 2960S and N5K's.

Regards, Ash.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: