Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5k and HP c7000 BladeSystem 40G Connectivity

khan300
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Geeks,

I need to provide a solution where I have to connect an HP c7000 BladeSystem Chasis to a Nexus 5k or 2k switch with 40G connectivity.

? Will a simple Etherchannel work on both ends ? What module will I need to put in the Nexus or Bladesystem.

Let me know your solutions.

Thanks and appreciated

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If you are trying to connect using 40Gig interfaces, you may want to look at the 6000 series.

datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-6000-series-switches/datasheet-c78-732277.html

HTH

Thanks but I can use the 5k and use the 40G interface as well through a module!

The Cisco Nexus® B22 Blade Fabric Extender is designed to simplify data center server access architecture and operations in environments in which third-party blade servers are used. The Cisco Nexus B22, together with the Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders, Cisco® Adapter Fabric Extender (Adapter FEX), and Cisco Data Center Virtual Machine Fabric Extender (VM-FEX), is part of the Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) portfolio, which provides a highly scalable unified server access platform supporting 100 Megabit to 10 Gigabit Ethernet over fiber and copper, rack and blade form factors, and IEEE Data Center Bridging (DCB) protocol. The platform offers excellent support for the integration of third-party blade chassis into a Cisco Unified Fabric.

The Cisco Nexus B22 Blade Fabric Extender behaves like a remote line card for a parent Cisco Nexus switch, together forming a distributed modular system. This architecture simplifies data center access operations and architecture by combining the management simplicity of a single high-density access switch with the cabling simplicity of integrated blade switches and top-of-rack (ToR) access switches
Please check the below link for more info:-
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-b22-blade-fabric-extender/data_sheet_c78-685265.html