Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus v1000 can´t edit settings?

ACID19430
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we bulid a fresh vmware 4.1 cluster with a nexus v1000 latest version. Everything works fine in the new cluster, but i have a problem

to edit settings from the nexus v1000 in the vcenter server, edit settings is greyed out. Also add port-profile. I was wondering cause the vm´s are running and can connect to everywhere, also migrating vm´s works fine. Edit the config with a ssh connection or in the vm console works like it should. Any ideas what is wrong or what i have missing.?

Kind regards

Olly

1 Reply 1

lwatta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Olly,

When you say edit settings of the Nexus1000V do you mean under the Networking view of vCenter? If so what you are seeing is expected. All changes on the Nexus1000V have to be done on the VSM through ssh or console. The idea is that the Nexus1000V gives the network admin a familar system to manage and do all his network changes. The network admin doesn't have to login into vCenter to do all his normal tasks.

louis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: