Views
Helpful
Replies

Question regarding FEx and N7K

udid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Does anybody know if I can connect FEx to multiple VDCs?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

All the uplinks and host ports  of a Fabric  Extender belong to a single VDC. The ports cannot be allocated or split  among multiple VDCs.

Have a look at the config guide below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus2000/sw/configuration/guide/rel_521/b_Configuring_the_Cisco_Nexus_2000_Series_Fabric_Extender_rel_5_2_chapter_01.html#concept_0CF08BB5F50547D0A0D39C5C15462C7C

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

No, the VDCs can't see each other unless you physical connect the 2 VDCs together. So, you can't form a Portchannel.

HTH

Hi,

I'm aware of the fact that VDCs can't see each other.

I only ask if FEx can be connected to two VDCs.

Can two VDCs be a home for a single FEx?

Hi,

All the uplinks and host ports  of a Fabric  Extender belong to a single VDC. The ports cannot be allocated or split  among multiple VDCs.

Have a look at the config guide below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus2000/sw/configuration/guide/rel_521/b_Configuring_the_Cisco_Nexus_2000_Series_Fabric_Extender_rel_5_2_chapter_01.html#concept_0CF08BB5F50547D0A0D39C5C15462C7C

HTH

Hi Reza,

Thanks for the clarification!

Have a nice week.

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

A single FEX can only belong to a single VDC. This means that all your uplink fabric ports on the 7k must be in the same VDC. UNLESS you have created a vpc between 2 separate VDCs and you portchannel to the FEX.

---

Posted by WebUser Adriaan Steyn from Cisco Support Community App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: