Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Server CISCO C220 M4 - FAN error

Good evening,

I've a problem with the Server CISCO C220 M4.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c220-m4-rack-server/index.html

The 6 FAN on the motherboard don't work and the temperature is too high. The LED blinking in the face of server. I think that the FAN controller is dead, the CIMC SENSOR tells me that the fans are not working.

I've change all the FAN but the problem has not disappeared.

Two  question :

Any solution for launch the FAN ?

I've the same server, it's possible to put the RAID5 - HDD to the new server without data loss or break the RAID ?

Out of order Server ---> RAID 5 HDD --->  new server ?

Thanks o lot for your answer.

Mr VOIRIOT Frédéric.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frederic,

Regarding Moving the drives and RAID controller to a different server, it is possible and you can check the following post for details

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11766596/moving-raid-different-server

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frederic,

Regarding Moving the drives and RAID controller to a different server, it is possible and you can check the following post for details

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11766596/moving-raid-different-server

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thanks a lot Manish !! all is ok.

but for information i must configure boot in the bios.

1 - go to option boot in the bios

2 - add new boot

3 - give a name + uefi way to boot

For me the way is :

<..>

<Microsof>

<Boot>

|____Boot64x.uefi

maletazul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

my M4 server stop all fans too, what you do to fix that?

Regards,

Luis

Did you find a solution to your issue? I am facing the same problem. All of the fans just stopped working. 

I just had 2 servers C220-M4S that ALL the fans died in both servers, we took them out, they seem to spin freely, so maybe something has to do with the controller? Anyone find any solutions, or is the solution to replace the entire server????

One of our C220-M4 is also suffering of all FANs down. We have a case opened with Cisco.

What about the fix to solve your probs ?

Thanks !

TH

Good morning friend. I would like to know if the TAC can solve your problem with stopped fans. Thank you for your attention.

Hello,

They did replace server's motherboard. No other way to fix it.

HTH

TH

Thank you very much for the information. I'm going to contact the TAC to see if the warranty applies. regards

Good morning friend. I have the same problem as 3 C220 M4 servers. Which all 6 fans stopped. Update to the latest version of BIOS and CIMC ucs-c220m4-huu-4.1.2f.iso. I hope you have some information. Thanks

Are you saying that your problem was resolved by upgrading to 4.1.2f? I just had another server do the same and it was already running on 4.1.2f

Hello,

Cisco Tech replaced motherboard to fix issue.
We got 2 servers with same issue, both ending-up with motherboard replacement.

Good luck,

TH

@nspasov 

Thanks to the information from @ThierryF, I bought 3 refurbished motherboards and everything worked very well. Update to the latest BIOS version. I also recommend changing the fans