cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSC-C220-M6S Networking

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Does anyone have a link or have a good read on how the physical to vNIC mappings work on a UCSC-C220-M6S? Trying to map a 4 port MLOM card to a host that is running ESXi (standalone) but I only have the option for 0 and 1 for uplinks despite having a 4 port card. I do have the port-channel option enabled on the general tab. I see my 4 nics enabled and up from the CiMC but only the vNIC I have pinned to uplinks 0 and 1 are available in VMware (along w/ the onboard nics that pass-through).

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You able to see 4 port esxi - if not you need to check hardware compatability.

if you see them then check below guide may help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/pcce_11_0_virt.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply. In VMware I see the 2 NICs that are onboard and the vNICs that are configured in the CiMC.  The MLOM has a VIC1467.

Ok, I think I figured it out.  The port-channel feature looks to bundle nics 0 and 1 into 1 port-channel and 2 and 3 into a 2nd port channel so that explains the 0 and 1 I'm seeing.  Should be able to correct it from there.  

Are there any limitations with respect to the hardware port-channel (should I be using LACP or statically setting it to on on my upstream switches)?