cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to mount Tintri NFS share on C220 M6

mcvosi
Level 1
Level 1

I am changing out to new storage switches that will be connected via VIC1467. My Tintri SAN will be connected to the new switches as well. I am having a real problem getting the NFS share mounted. I can ping the vmks without issue, but when trying Netcat to test connectivity I am not able to communicate with the SAN. Port-channel is configured in Access mode on the links. The SAN is older (E6030) and was wondering if those controllers are not able to communicate with the newer networking.

Thoughts?

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What switch model, version, transceiver.

What type of nic and transceiver does the E6030 have?

Kirk...

mcvosi
Level 1
Level 1

Switches are FS, model S5860-20SQ, with FS transceivers.

I did find this, so I am going to attempt trunking those ports to see if I can get the datastores to mount.

Solved: VIC 1387 40G connection to 3850 switch - Cisco Community

Kshlerin
Level 1
Level 1

It's possible that there could be compatibility issues between the older E6030 SAN controllers and the newer networking equipment, but it's essential to troubleshoot and rule out other potential causes of the problem first. Here are some steps you can take to further investigate the issue:

1. Verify network settings: Double-check the network settings on both the SAN and the storage switches to ensure they are on the same subnet and have the correct IP addresses, netmasks, and gateways.

2. Check VLAN configuration: Ensure that the VLAN configuration on the port-channel and the connected devices is correct. Mismatched VLAN settings could lead to communication issues.

3. Verify port-channel configuration: Review the port-channel configuration on the switches and make sure they are set up correctly to support the connectivity requirements of the SAN.

4. Check firmware and software versions: Ensure that both the SAN controllers and the storage switches have the latest firmware and software updates installed. Sometimes, compatibility issues can be resolved by updating the firmware.

5. Review SAN logs: Check the SAN logs for any error messages or indications of connectivity issues. The logs may provide valuable insights into what might be causing the problem.

6. Test connectivity with other devices: Attempt to test connectivity between the SAN and other devices to see if the issue is isolated to the new storage switches. This will help narrow down the problem's source.

7. Contact vendor support: If you have exhausted all troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, reach out to the SAN and storage switch vendors' support teams. They might have encountered similar issues and can provide specific guidance.

Regarding the compatibility between the E6030 SAN controllers and the newer networking equipment, it is possible that there could be some limitations due to the age of the SAN. However, without knowing the specific details of the SAN's capabilities and the networking equipment you are using, it's challenging to make a definitive statement on compatibility.

In summary, start by verifying network settings and configurations, check for firmware updates, and review logs to identify any potential issues. If you can't resolve the problem, consult with the vendors' support teams for further assistance.

USPayserv

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card