cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VDC Port Groupings - N77-F324FQ-25

cbradt
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to find the port groups for VDC assignments for the N77-F324FQ-25 module.  The data sheet doesn't seem to have it, can't seem to find that information anywhere.  The best advise I could find was the show hardware internal dev-port-map - I ran it but am not sure how to interpret the output.

Thanks ...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

This module has 12 Switch on Chip (SOC) with the 24 ports distributed across those. The distribution is port group 1-{Ports 1-2}, 2-{ Ports 3-4}, 3-{ Ports 5-6}….12-{23-24}.

You can also see the port group members using the show interface capabilities and looking for the “Port Group” part in the output. To remove some of the unnecessary output use sh int capa | in “^Ethernet|Port Group” (you need to include the double quotes).

For a picture of the module, I’ve take the following from the BRKARC-3470 - Cisco Nexus 7000/7700 Switch Architecture (2015 San Diego) session.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

This module has 12 Switch on Chip (SOC) with the 24 ports distributed across those. The distribution is port group 1-{Ports 1-2}, 2-{ Ports 3-4}, 3-{ Ports 5-6}….12-{23-24}.

You can also see the port group members using the show interface capabilities and looking for the “Port Group” part in the output. To remove some of the unnecessary output use sh int capa | in “^Ethernet|Port Group” (you need to include the double quotes).

For a picture of the module, I’ve take the following from the BRKARC-3470 - Cisco Nexus 7000/7700 Switch Architecture (2015 San Diego) session.

Regards

Thank you Steve, that was what I suspected from what little I could find or see.  I appreciate the confirmation ...

In this port grouping. both interface could be dedicated 40G or shared?