Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

vPC between N7k and N5K

I've seen documentation on vPC between two 7Ks or two 5Ks but we have one 7k and one 5k that we were thinking about configuring vPC. Is this possible or recommended?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

It's not supported. vPC

It's not supported. vPC parent switch has to be the same platform model/line card.

HTH

Anthony

I've seen documentation on

I've seen documentation on vPC between two 7Ks or two 5Ks but we have one 7k and one 5k that we were thinking about configuring vPC. Is this possible or recommended?

Hello ,

vPC means it has two switches in domain and allows links that are physically connected to two different Cisco Nexus 7000 Series devices to appear as a single port channel to a third device.

Considering your query having 1 N7k and 1 N5k you cant have vPC rather you can have Port channel between two standalone switches.

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

It's not supported. vPC

It's not supported. vPC parent switch has to be the same platform model/line card.

HTH

Anthony

I've seen documentation on

Hello ,

vPC means it has two switches in domain and allows links that are physically connected to two different Cisco Nexus 7000 Series devices to appear as a single port channel to a third device.

Considering your query having 1 N7k and 1 N5k you cant have vPC rather you can have Port channel between two standalone switches.

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards