Views
Helpful
Replies

vSwitch to Nexus1000v migration issue

snewar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing connectivity issue when i migrate from VMware vSwitch to Nexus 1000v.

The setup includes Cisco B-series server with Fabric interconnect and Nexus 5020 as upstream switch.

The steps i taken is detailed below:

> Created vlan 500 as Management vlan and vlan 510 as Control/Packet vlan in vSwitch

> Allowed the vlans in the upstream switch connected to fabric interconnect.

> Deployed OVF template for installing VSM in Cisco B440 blade server

> Downloaded and installed the vem module in the blade server

> Created the VSM in vcenter by giving the VSM ip in browser and following the steps required.

> Created port-profiles in the vsm for ethernet and vethernet.

> Migrated the server to DVS

Here i face the issue that the network connectivity looses and the server becomes unreachable.

Please mention whether i am missing any configuration or need to check something else.

Thanks in advance,

Sanjeev

3 Replies 3

sachthak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sanjeev,

Is the module showing as up in the VSM when you execute 'show module'?

Is you ESX management VLAN allowed on the access port profile and on the uplink? Is it created on the switch?

Do you have system VLANs for your control, packet connectivity? For your ESX mgmt connectivity?

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your response.

Please find my reply below:

Is the module showing as up in the VSM when you execute 'show module'?

>Yes the module is up and showing active when i execute the given command

Is you ESX management VLAN allowed on the access port profile and on the uplink? Is it created on the switch?

>Yes it is created on the vswitch as well as the upstream switches and allowed in the link also.

Do you have system VLANs for your control, packet connectivity? For your ESX mgmt connectivity?

> Yes i had defined control, packet and management vlans as system vlans.

I feel that the port profile is not allowing the traffic to go in and out from the DVS.

When i change the uplink of VSM from vswitch to DVS then the VSM doesnt reach gateway itself.

Thanks,

Do you have "no shut" in the port-profile to make the profile active? Could you post the running config snippets?