Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

vxlan l3 gateway only on N7K supported?

Hi, I was able to setup an L3 VXLAN GW only on N7K, but as per documentation: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/vxlan/configuration/guide/b_NX-OS_VXLAN_Configuration_Guide/configuring_vxlan_flood_and_learn.html seems NOT to be supported, can anyone clarify:

Any idea? should i put the VNI to VSI encap (I dont have any L2 interfaces facing underlay network!)? Should i put that and create the vlans even i dont have any port?

1. If the switch that runs the Layer 3 gateway functionality does not run Layer 2 gateway functionality, that is, participates in the data plane learning, it has to flood the post-routed packet to all Layer 2 gateways through the multicast tree.

2. If the switch runs Layer 3 gateway and Layer 2 gateway functionality, the switch can resolve the destination VTEP at the Layer 2 level, and can forward the packet to the correct VTEP by itself.

Since Layer 2 gateway and Layer 3 gateway functionalities are tightly integrated from the configuration perspective (Layer 3 gateway is achieved by configuring the BDIs for bridge-domains corresponding to the VNIs), case (1) will not be applicable in the Cisco Nexus 7000, and only case (2) is supported.

Everyone's tags (3)
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

Cisco COVID-19 Survey