Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

A Discussion with Padmasree Warrior at CTIA

Views
Helpful
Comments
Enthusiast

While it's been a couple weeks, I wanted to post a quick note on the CTIA Wireless 2010 event in Las Vegas.  It was a great opportunity to catch up with customers and colleagues while also discussing trends in mobile wireless. 

As most of you know, mobile communications and especially the Mobile Internet are growing rapidly (see the Cisco VNI for more details).  This energy was evident at the event, and frankly is something you see virtually everywhere you turn as people interact with mobile devices.  With such tremendous market opportunity, it is incumbent upon mobile vendors, like Cisco, to work in partnership with our operator customers to prepare for the growing demand of Mobile Internet service and to help them create new compelling services for their customers.

I had the opportunity to talk with Padmasree Warrior, Cisco's CTO, about these trends and opportunities at CTIA.  Padma was a keynote speaker at CTIA and demonstrate a few new technologies that we at Cisco are working on that will impact the way we work, live, learn and play and the service opportunities for mobile operators.

Also take a moment to view her interview with Scott Cohn of CNBC where she addressed the new CRS-3 and the growth in data traffic.

I’m excited by the future of the Mobile Internet and look forward to sharing more with you in later posts.

1 Comment

Greate Invterview!

It seems that the FCC is on the right track in reclaiming needed spectrum for the tremendous growth expected within the mobile industry. How fast do you think this will happen, and do you see any political roadblocks that may hamper this initiative?

This widget could not be displayed.