Did you mean: 
cancel

Open Mobile Summit 2011

Views
Helpful
Comments
Beginner

Hello World!

I just arrived in San Francisco for this week's Open Mobile Summit.   As one of the speakers at last year's Open Mobile Summit in San Francisco, I thoroughly enjoy the conversations that arise during this show, especially when competitive business models (Cloud SP vs Traditional SP) and polarizing topics are addressed head-on.  The format alone - no slides, no "presenting at" the audience (but instead, "speaking with") had left me with that must-return impression, so here I am.

This year, I will be joined by a number of esteemed colleagues from CBS Interactive, Sandisk, Vasona Networks and Verizon Wireless for a lively panel on innovations in mobile video delivery and monetization.  I expect topics ranging from video optimization, Federated and SP-managed CDN infrastructure, adaptive bitrate video, WiFi network offload, and the role of big data analytics to all come up.  You can find the rest of the agenda and speakers at the following link:

http://www.openmobilesummit.com/agenda.aspx

Looks like it will be another relevant set of topics to discuss, bringing together the entire value chain in mobile service delivery, from content providers to cloud services operators, service providers, infrastructure/hardware vendors, application and client software and developers. 

As consumer mindshare shifts from SP-branded services to access-independent, Over-the-Top (read: Cloud) services, the profitability gap is top-of-mind for the traditional Service Providers I speak with.  I am most looking forward to discussions around how mobile broadband will be monetized going forward - everything from the opportunities in machine to machine (connected car) to mCommerce, Mobile Advertising, video/TV-Everywhere, and monetizing the cloud. 

By bringing together the entire value chain, I should walk away with a good perspective on what business models and B2B (and B2B2C) interactions are possible.  Stay tuned next week when I blog a summary of the event, and looking forward to seeing any of you attending there!

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.