cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Martin Thygesen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Crosswork Cloud - Crosswork Network Insights - FAQ

Crosswork Cloud - Crosswork Network Insights is a Cloud-hosted Software as a Service platform that provides External Routing Event Analytics. The Crosswork Network Insights platform aggregates global and local routing information and identifies the source of anomalies based on a consensus of the routing databases. This service is an evolution of  BGPMon.net for multivendor networks that use BGP and BMP protocols. The service provides a secure and low-risk method of collecting route information on a global scale.

This FAQ contains answers about the General Availability of Crosswork Network Insights. For existing customers of BGPMon.net, it provides some insight into technical and commercial concerns that might be of interest. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Question Response
Can I buy Crosswork Network Insights from AWS Market Place

Yes, you can purchase a subscription from the AWS Market Place here
https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/search/results?searchTerms=Crosswork+Cloud+Network+Insights

Can I buy Crosswork Network Insights from a Cisco Partner or Reseller

Yes, you can continue to purchase your Crosswork and other Cisco services our Partner and Reseller network. To locate a partner year you go here:
https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do

Can I use a Credit/Payment Card to purchase Crosswork Network Insights

Yes, however you must purchase via the AWS Market Place here:
https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/search/results?searchTerms=Crosswork+Cloud+Network+Insights

Is BGPmon end of life? No the legacy BGPmon.net has evolved into Crosswork Network Insights. Users must migrate their accounts to the new service due to modern Identity Management requirements.
How do I Access Crosswork Network Insights

Go here: https://crosswork.cisco.com

How do I Request a Trial of Crosswork Network Insights

Go here: https://crosswork.cisco.com/#/signup
and complete the signup process.

When will support for the legacy BGPMon.net cease Support for the legacy version of BGPMon.net is no longer available, the service will continue to operate until migration notices have been issued to all users. Cisco provides no SLA or Assurance on the legacy service unless users have migrated to the new platform.
Who do I contact if I have further questions not answered in this FAQ Please email sales@crosswork.cisco.com, we will respond as quickly as possible.
What is the replacement product for BGPMon.net Cisco has evolved BGPmon into a new platform called Crosswork Network Insights.
Is Crosswork Network Insights the same as BGPMon Crosswork Network Insights is an evolution of BGPMon.net
The Crosswork Network Insights has all the base features to BGPMon, however, the application has a significant number of new features. As a Cloud SaaS the product we will continue to maintain and enhance our capabilities in the market.
Will my BGPmon.net identity be migrated to Crosswork Network Insights No, BGPmon.net accounts and identity use a different system to Cisco Crosswork Network Insights. All subscribers must setup a new account on Crosswork Network Insights.
Will my BGPmon.net configuration be migrated to Crosswork Network Insights Partial migration of BGPmon.net setup to Crosswork Network Insights is possible. Most customer use the Express Configuration to quickly setup a new account with a fresh configuration. Customers with Peermon devices can import those peer sessions using their BGPmon identity.
I was a Paid customer of BGPMon.net can I move to Crosswork Network Insights Yes, please reach out to sales@crosswork.cisco.com, and we will assist you with account migration as well as a similar price structure to your previous service offer.
I am a Free customer of BGPMon.net can I move to Crosswork Network Insights Yes, Free BGPmon.net users can access https://crosswork.cisco.com and create a new "Free Account Type"
Will Free customers on BGPMon.net get the same service on Crosswork Network Insights Free users of Crosswork Network Insights will be provided the same 5 prefixes per organization per existing BGPMon.net Free Account types. The new application provides basic feature parity with the legacy BGPmon.net Free user tier.
Will PeerMon customers be supported on Crosswork Network Insights Existing Free and Paid BGPmon.net PeerMon customers can migrate to Crosswork Network Insights quickly. These subscribers can migrate their PeerMon devices with no change to their PeerMon settings on their own routers. Support for all PeerMon users is assured on the new platform.
Will PeerMon configuration be supported on Crosswork Network Insights Existing PeerMon configuration can be migrated to Crosswork Network Insights using the Peer Import feature and your BGPmon Identity. BGPMon.net and Crosswork Network Insights share this common BGP data collection infrastructure.
Do I need an account on Crosswork Network Insights BGPMon.net customers may setup a new Free or Paid account on Crosswork Network Insights. If the customer chooses to not continue with a paid subscription to Crosswork Network Insights, they will be able to access the new service with the free tier subscription.
What Protocols does Crosswork Network Insights Support BGP version 4
Can I purchased Crosswork Network Insights as an on-premise software tool No, Crosswork Network Insights is only available as a Cloud SaaS offering.
Can I collect BGP from with my own network Yes, Peermon feature parity is currently available. There have been significant improvements to Peermon and it's features in the new platform.
Can I connect my Internet Peering Routers to Crosswork Network Insights Yes, we provide a Peermon page that permits the import or configuration of the new Peermon sessions. This feature will provide feature parity with the legacy BGPmon.net Peermon.
Do you support Netflow Yes we do, as part of Crosswork Traffic Analysis
What notification methods do you support

We Support the following notification types:
Email
SMS
Syslog via AWS S3 storage
Syslog via Google Storage
Pager Duty
Webex
Microsoft Teams
Slack Channel
Other notification methods can be made via feature requests.

Is there a configuration migration for BGPMon Customers Partially, legacy BGPMon customers their Peermon setup. Also the Express Configuration feature removes most of the migration issues you may be concerned about. Please email sales@crosswork.cisco.com for more information
Is there an migration path for BGPMon Customers Migration for legacy BGPMon customers is in two parts,
a) account and subscription
b) configuration
Since Crosswork Network Insights is a new Cloud Service, customers will be required to go through migration.
Is there a price difference between Legacy BGPMon.net and Crosswork Network Insights Yes and No,
There are three price tiers, with the base tier (Essentials) matching the price of the previous service. Please contact sales@crosswork.cisco.com for more information.
Are there different price tiers for Crosswork Network Insights ?

Yes, Crosswork Network Insights is available with 3 different price tiers
1) Essentials, which provide price and feature parity with BGPmon
2) Advantage, provides a core set of new features at a price mid-point
3) Premier, leads with all new features plus a commitment to first access to future features.

For more information about the features please review the Data Sheet located here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/crosswork-network-automation/datasheet-c78-740228.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links