Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Cisco Crosswork Network Insights - FAQ

Views
Helpful
Comments

Overview

Cisco Crosswork Network Insights is a Cloud hosted Software as a Service platform that provides External Routing Event Analytics. The Crosswork Network Insights platform aggregates global and local routing information and identifies the source of anomalies based on a consensus of the routing databases. This service is a successor of BGPMon.net for multivendor networks that use BGP and BMP protocols. The service provides a secure and low-risk method of collecting route information at a global scale.

This FAQ contains answers about the General Availability of Crosswork Network Insights. For existing customers of BGPMon.net it provides some insight into technical and commercial concerns which might be of interest. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Question Response
When is Crosswork Network Insights Generally Available January 31, 2019
When is the BGPMon End of Sale and End of Live Announcement January 31, 2019
When is the BGPMon End of Sale March 1, 2019
When is the BGPMon End of Life March 1, 2020
When is the BGPMon End of Existing Service / Support For customers with active and valid BGPMon.net subscriptions, the service will be available until the termination date of the contracted subscription term, even if this date exceeds the End of Life. For all other customers, the End of Life is the last date that the service will be accessible.
Who do I contact if I have further questions not answered in this FAQ Please email eol@bgpmon.net, we will respond as quickly as possible.
What is the replacement product for BGPMon.net Cisco has created a new product called Crosswork Network Insights
What do I do if my existing BGPmon.net Paid subscription falls after the End of Sale You can continue to use BGPMon.net until End of Life at no charge, based on your existing level of subscription. You will be invited to a no-obligation trial of Crosswork Network Insights during this time.
Is Crosswork Network Insights the same as BGPMon No,
Crosswork Network Insights is significantly different from BGPMon.
Whilst the first release of Crosswork Network Insights has similar features to BGPMon the application will quickly diverge with new features and will continually be added to based on subscribers requirements. We are a Cloud SaaS product and we aim to keep our customers satisfied.
What if I decide I do not want to move to Crosswork Network Insights You can continue to use BGPMon.net until End of Life. If you have a Paid subscription that has an expiry date that is beyond the End of Life date, we will be contacting you directly about the arrangements. Cisco is committed to supporting existing customer agreements. If you would like to have your existing BGPMon.net account and data purged prior to End of Life please contact us at eol@bgpmon.net
Will my BGPmon.net identity be migrated to Crosswork Network Insights No, BGPmon.net accounts and identity use a different system to Cisco Crosswork Network Insights. Subscribers will be notified by email on how to access any Paid, Trial or Free service for Crosswork Network Insights.
Will my BGPmon.net configuration be migrated to Crosswork Network Insights No, BGPmon.net configuration is not compatible with Crosswork Network Insights. It should be noted that the new software does support a bulk IP Prefix import feature. For customers with more than 20 IP prefixes, we encourage you to contact us at eol@bgpmon.net. We can provide a raw export of your existing IP Prefix List.
What if I am a Paid customer of BGPMon.net can I move to Crosswork Network Insights Support for existing paid BGPmon.net customers on Crosswork Network Insights will be made open on February 01, 2019 or unless otherwise advised on the BGPmon.net site. Access will be provided in the form of a 3 month trial based on their existing IP Prefix subscription level. For more details please contact us on eol@bgpmon.net.
What if I am a Free customer of BGPMon.net can I move to Crosswork Network Insights Support for free customers on Crosswork Network Insights will be made open on August 31, 2019, or unless otherwise advised on the BGPmon.net site.
Will Free customers on BGPMon.net get the same service on Crosswork Network Insights Crosswork Network Insights is not the same product as BGPMon.net. Free users of Crosswork Network Insights will be provided support for 5 prefixes per organization per existing BGPMon.net. The new application provides basic feature parity with BGPmon.net for the Free user tier.
Will PeerMon customers be supported on Crosswork Network Insights Existing Free and Paid BGPmon.net PeerMon customers will be migrated to Crosswork Network Insights, should they choose to. Configuration and settings for PeerMon will not change and the customer need not reconfigure their existing PeerMon settings on their own routers. Support for existing Free PeerMon customers will be assured on the new platform when access is made available.
Will PeerMon configuration be supported on Crosswork Network Insights Existing PeerMon configuration will be migrated to Crosswork Network Insights. BGPMon.net and Crosswork Network Insights will share this common infrastructure until otherwise advised.
Do I need an account on Crosswork Network Insights No,
Until August 31, 2019, Crosswork Network Insights will only support trial or new paid customers.
We will provide paying BGPMon.net customers with a full feature 3 month Trial based on their existing subscribed IP Prefix count. If the customer chooses to not continue with a paid subscription to Crosswork Network Insights, the subscription will be downgraded to a free tier subscription and their configuration reset to default. Prior notice will be provided in the event of a subscription downgrade.
What Protocols does Crosswork Network Insights Support BGP version 4, BMP will be supported in the near future (date yet to be committed)
Can I purchased Crosswork Network Insights as an on-premise software tool No, Crosswork Network Insights is only available as a Cloud SaaS offering.
Can I collect BGP from with my own network Yes, however, this feature is not yet available, ETA July 2019. Peermon feature parity is coming very shortly.
Can I connect my Internet Peering Routers to Crosswork Network Insights Yes, however, this requires an email request to our support team, we are working on providing a Peering UI page that will automate this process shortly. This feature will provide feature parity with BGPmon.net Peermon.
Do you support Netflow Not yet, this is planned for future releases.
What notification methods do you support For our first release, we will Support Email, SMS, and Syslog File dump via AWS S3 storage. For later releases, we plan to support collaboration via Cisco WebEx Team and other meeting room type applications to help connect internal and external people during events of interest.
Is there a configuration migration for BGPMon Customers Partially,
BGPMon customers can migrate part of their configuration to Crosswork Network Insights using the configuration import/export tool in Crosswork Network Insights. Please email eol@bgpmon.net for more information
Is there an automated migration path for BGPMon Customers No,
Migration for BGPMon customers is in two parts,
a) configuration
b) account and subscription
Since Crosswork Network Insights is a new Cloud Service with no links to BGPMon, the customer will be required to go through an assisted migration where they currently use more than 20 IP Prefixes.
Is there a manual migration path for paid BGPMon Customers Yes,
BGPMon customers will be permitted to use the new Crosswork Network Insights platform for the remainder if their BGPMon subscription. Customers with a BGPMon subscription that has expired will be permitted to use a 3 month trail subscription. Please email eol@bgpmon.net for more information
Is there a price difference between BGPMon and Crosswork Network Insights Yes,
Please contact cni-sales@cisco.com for more information.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards