Step by step procedure below. to Install Cisco ESXi 6.5.0 on UCS
1. Download the ISO by navigating to www.vmware.com > My VMware > Product & Downloads > All Downloads > VMware vSphere > Custom ISOs > expand the OEM Customized Installer CDs option and download the Cisco Image for ESXi 6.5.0 Install CD
2. Log into the server's CIMC web interface
3. In the Server Summary, under Actions tab select -> Launch KVM Console.
Dialogue box will pop-up, select “Accept the session” and continue. KVM console session will launch as below.
4. Select “Yes” to continue.
5.On the KVM console, select “Virtual media” tab > Activate virtual devices. Then, accept the session on dialogue box that pop-up. Connection will be established.
6. Go again to “Virtual Media” tab > Map CD/DVD > Browse the location of .iso image and hit Map device.
7. Confirm that the .iso image is mapped to CD/DVD by going back to Virtual Media tab in KVM console.
Once confirmed, select Power Cycle System (Cold Reboot) under the Power tab.
The device will start booting up.
8. Press “F6” to enter into the boot menu.
9. Select a boot device “Cisco vKVM-Mapped vDVD1.22” and hit enter.
10. Once boot device is selected, it would automatically select the installed image and start loading the ESXi installer. This process would take 5-7 minutes to complete.
11. On the VMware ESXi 6.5.0 installer, Press “Enter” to continue.
12. Accept the EULA (End User License Agreement) by pressing “F11”.
13. Once the EULA is complete, select a disk to Install or upgrade and then press “Enter” to continue.
14. Check for Listed ESXi and VMFS found. Select “Install ESXi, preserve VMFS datastore” and press “Enter” to continue.
15. Confirm the upgrade by pressing “F11”
16. The upgrade to ESXi 6.5.0 will start and this process will take about 5-7 mins.
17. Once the upgrade will complete you will be directed to upgrade complete window. Hit “Enter” to reboot the server.
18. The server is ready to start using ESXi 6.5.0. Press “F2” to enter into Customize System/View logs.
19. Enter Login name, password when prompted, and press, “Enter” to continue.
20. Select the desired options to make changes to ESXi host’s system settings.
21. After making the changes in system settings, press “F11” to Restart or “F2” to Shut down.
You have completed your Cisco ESXi 6.5.0 install on UCS server.
See attached document for reference and detailed representation with captures.
Hello, I am trying to configure my ASR9k (IOS XR 6.4.2 SP3) to export netflow flows with the correct sampling rate sent. I looked at a pcap of the netflows I was getting, but it only includes a "FLOW_SAMPLER_ID" field, but no data regarding the actua...
Wanted to see what other ISP's were using on the edge for IP routing. We currently use some 7600's, and my initial thoughts are to move those functions (BGP upstream peering) to ASR1K's, but we'd also be happy with a 9K in that role, as we already h...
Hi, I executed upgrade in ASR9010 with RSP A9K-RSP440-TR and A9K-RSP880-SE, in the previous version (IOS XR 6.1.4 and IOS XR 5.3.3) When I showed the show redundancy the Redundancy node status was NSR-Ready, but with IOS XR 6.4.2 the status is: NSR-not-co...
Topology BriefThree isolated IGP domains AGG-A, AGG-B, CORE running ISIS level 2 onlySegment routing is enabled on all IGP domainsCORE10 (SRPCE) running BGP-LS all border routers to learn topology from all three domainsFor reachability between PE/PCC to S...