Step by step procedure below. to Install Cisco ESXi 6.5.0 on UCS
1. Download the ISO by navigating to www.vmware.com > My VMware > Product & Downloads > All Downloads > VMware vSphere > Custom ISOs > expand the OEM Customized Installer CDs option and download the Cisco Image for ESXi 6.5.0 Install CD
2. Log into the server's CIMC web interface
3. In the Server Summary, under Actions tab select -> Launch KVM Console.
Dialogue box will pop-up, select “Accept the session” and continue. KVM console session will launch as below.
4. Select “Yes” to continue.
5.On the KVM console, select “Virtual media” tab > Activate virtual devices. Then, accept the session on dialogue box that pop-up. Connection will be established.
6. Go again to “Virtual Media” tab > Map CD/DVD > Browse the location of .iso image and hit Map device.
7. Confirm that the .iso image is mapped to CD/DVD by going back to Virtual Media tab in KVM console.
Once confirmed, select Power Cycle System (Cold Reboot) under the Power tab.
The device will start booting up.
8. Press “F6” to enter into the boot menu.
9. Select a boot device “Cisco vKVM-Mapped vDVD1.22” and hit enter.
10. Once boot device is selected, it would automatically select the installed image and start loading the ESXi installer. This process would take 5-7 minutes to complete.
11. On the VMware ESXi 6.5.0 installer, Press “Enter” to continue.
12. Accept the EULA (End User License Agreement) by pressing “F11”.
13. Once the EULA is complete, select a disk to Install or upgrade and then press “Enter” to continue.
14. Check for Listed ESXi and VMFS found. Select “Install ESXi, preserve VMFS datastore” and press “Enter” to continue.
15. Confirm the upgrade by pressing “F11”
16. The upgrade to ESXi 6.5.0 will start and this process will take about 5-7 mins.
17. Once the upgrade will complete you will be directed to upgrade complete window. Hit “Enter” to reboot the server.
18. The server is ready to start using ESXi 6.5.0. Press “F2” to enter into Customize System/View logs.
19. Enter Login name, password when prompted, and press, “Enter” to continue.
20. Select the desired options to make changes to ESXi host’s system settings.
21. After making the changes in system settings, press “F11” to Restart or “F2” to Shut down.
You have completed your Cisco ESXi 6.5.0 install on UCS server.
See attached document for reference and detailed representation with captures.
Hi guys,I have some question around ingress policing on NCS and I will appreciate any inputs on that. Let's consider the following scenario: [10G server] -- [10G SWITCH] -- [CISCO NCS] Typical server connected to 10G switch and then to 10G ...
We are having the "input MIB giant" counter increasing on every interface I've looked at recently, and we have matching MTU's on each side. I came across this while troubleshooting a customer L2VPN recently, and we spent quite a few cycles chasing t...
The CISCO VNI report 2017-2022, has five categories for video streaming. I am interested in better understanding the five categories of IP video in the VNI: 1. Gaming, 2. File Sharing, 3. WEB/Data, 4.IP VOD/ Managed IP video, and&n...
I have a 4431 and when I reboot the router, it is stuck at image validated.I went into rommon and didconfreg 0x0 and did a rebootAfter the reboot, I did confreg 0x2102boot usb0:isr4400-universalk9.03.13.02.S.154-3.S2-ext.SPA.binThe system tries to bo...