Step by step procedure below. to Install Cisco ESXi 6.5.0 on UCS
1. Download the ISO by navigating to www.vmware.com > My VMware > Product & Downloads > All Downloads > VMware vSphere > Custom ISOs > expand the OEM Customized Installer CDs option and download the Cisco Image for ESXi 6.5.0 Install CD
2. Log into the server's CIMC web interface
3. In the Server Summary, under Actions tab select -> Launch KVM Console.
Dialogue box will pop-up, select “Accept the session” and continue. KVM console session will launch as below.
4. Select “Yes” to continue.
5.On the KVM console, select “Virtual media” tab > Activate virtual devices. Then, accept the session on dialogue box that pop-up. Connection will be established.
6. Go again to “Virtual Media” tab > Map CD/DVD > Browse the location of .iso image and hit Map device.
7. Confirm that the .iso image is mapped to CD/DVD by going back to Virtual Media tab in KVM console.
Once confirmed, select Power Cycle System (Cold Reboot) under the Power tab.
The device will start booting up.
8. Press “F6” to enter into the boot menu.
9. Select a boot device “Cisco vKVM-Mapped vDVD1.22” and hit enter.
10. Once boot device is selected, it would automatically select the installed image and start loading the ESXi installer. This process would take 5-7 minutes to complete.
11. On the VMware ESXi 6.5.0 installer, Press “Enter” to continue.
12. Accept the EULA (End User License Agreement) by pressing “F11”.
13. Once the EULA is complete, select a disk to Install or upgrade and then press “Enter” to continue.
14. Check for Listed ESXi and VMFS found. Select “Install ESXi, preserve VMFS datastore” and press “Enter” to continue.
15. Confirm the upgrade by pressing “F11”
16. The upgrade to ESXi 6.5.0 will start and this process will take about 5-7 mins.
17. Once the upgrade will complete you will be directed to upgrade complete window. Hit “Enter” to reboot the server.
18. The server is ready to start using ESXi 6.5.0. Press “F2” to enter into Customize System/View logs.
19. Enter Login name, password when prompted, and press, “Enter” to continue.
20. Select the desired options to make changes to ESXi host’s system settings.
21. After making the changes in system settings, press “F11” to Restart or “F2” to Shut down.
You have completed your Cisco ESXi 6.5.0 install on UCS server.
See attached document for reference and detailed representation with captures.
I want to limit downstream internet bandwidth for each customer. But need separate inter and domestic traffic.And within a customer, all hosts will be share bandwidth together. Everything looks good in my lab with this configuration below becau...
We are migrating some of these A99-8X100GE-TR modules to the smaller ASR-9904 platform and running A9K-RSP880 and IOS 6.5.3. When the module installed, some messages come up requiring the FPD upgrade and following the FPD upgrade new errors appear.&...
Hi, In order to get a usable MTU of 9198, I declare the mtu 9212 on a bundle-ether port (9198+14). The configuration is following : RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:rtr1#sh run int be1interface Bundle-Ether1 mtu 9212 RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:rtr1#sh run int ...
Dear all, Currently I am tackling with the following topology.Based on this, it is pingable between R3 and R2 Global route through MP-BGP based multi-VRF, however I am curious about actually which VRF (VRF-A or VRF-B) can be selected on thi...
Curious if anyone might have some insight on a BGP session setup problem I'm seeing. I'm having trouble bringing up a BGP peering session between IOS-XR VRF and IOS.[ IOSXR_PeerA (VRF)-----IOSXR(Global) ]---(internal network, 3 hops)---IO...