Step by step procedure below. to Install Cisco ESXi 6.5.0 on UCS
1. Download the ISO by navigating to www.vmware.com > My VMware > Product & Downloads > All Downloads > VMware vSphere > Custom ISOs > expand the OEM Customized Installer CDs option and download the Cisco Image for ESXi 6.5.0 Install CD
2. Log into the server's CIMC web interface
3. In the Server Summary, under Actions tab select -> Launch KVM Console.
Dialogue box will pop-up, select “Accept the session” and continue. KVM console session will launch as below.
4. Select “Yes” to continue.
5.On the KVM console, select “Virtual media” tab > Activate virtual devices. Then, accept the session on dialogue box that pop-up. Connection will be established.
6. Go again to “Virtual Media” tab > Map CD/DVD > Browse the location of .iso image and hit Map device.
7. Confirm that the .iso image is mapped to CD/DVD by going back to Virtual Media tab in KVM console.
Once confirmed, select Power Cycle System (Cold Reboot) under the Power tab.
The device will start booting up.
8. Press “F6” to enter into the boot menu.
9. Select a boot device “Cisco vKVM-Mapped vDVD1.22” and hit enter.
10. Once boot device is selected, it would automatically select the installed image and start loading the ESXi installer. This process would take 5-7 minutes to complete.
11. On the VMware ESXi 6.5.0 installer, Press “Enter” to continue.
12. Accept the EULA (End User License Agreement) by pressing “F11”.
13. Once the EULA is complete, select a disk to Install or upgrade and then press “Enter” to continue.
14. Check for Listed ESXi and VMFS found. Select “Install ESXi, preserve VMFS datastore” and press “Enter” to continue.
15. Confirm the upgrade by pressing “F11”
16. The upgrade to ESXi 6.5.0 will start and this process will take about 5-7 mins.
17. Once the upgrade will complete you will be directed to upgrade complete window. Hit “Enter” to reboot the server.
18. The server is ready to start using ESXi 6.5.0. Press “F2” to enter into Customize System/View logs.
19. Enter Login name, password when prompted, and press, “Enter” to continue.
20. Select the desired options to make changes to ESXi host’s system settings.
21. After making the changes in system settings, press “F11” to Restart or “F2” to Shut down.
You have completed your Cisco ESXi 6.5.0 install on UCS server.
See attached document for reference and detailed representation with captures.
I understand what "urgent priority" does. I also understand what ! does in a route pattern. But when they were put together, I'm confused.! is usually used on variable length dial strings, e.g. international dialing. CallManager usually ...
Hi all;I have a carrier network with NCS 5501, we deliver L2VPN service to customers, how can I configure NCS 5501 UNI interface which is Bundle-Ether interface to process LACP PDU locally ?Note that for my service, customer promise equipement (CPE) conne...
Hi all,on all our new ASR9k we are observing a loss of NTP synchronization. We have many IOS devices which do not show this issue, so obviously it is not a network problem as the NTP servers are the same for all devices (internal server). I see...
So I picked up a used 2911 to replace my aging 3825 that I use for home router and intercom system via low end cisco 69xx voip phones. Was hoping the newer unit, advertised with CME 12, would let me maybe upgrade my phones to something more colorful.Note:...