Important: This document is intended as a quick start guide and is NOT an official document for what is officially supported. The demo version of IOS XRv is offered without support and can be run on top of any hypervisor. For information regarding supported hypervisor for simulation/production deployment, please refer to the official Release Notes.
Running Cisco IOS XRv on VMware Fusion/Workstation
The following steps shows how to get IOS XRv running on VMware Fusion or Workstation. Screenshots are based on VMware Fusion running on Mac OS X.
Download IOS XRv
You may download IOS XRv from the following location
1. Fire up VMware Fusion, select File > New > More Options.
2. Select Create a custom virtual machine.
3. Choose Other > Other option for Operating System.
4. Select Choose an existing virtual disk, pointing to the XRv image filename you have downloaded earlier.
5. Select Customize Settings. Allocation at least 3GB of memory to XRv Virtual Machine.
6. If you require IOS XRv Virtual Machine to be bridged tophysical interface. Select the appropriate options below.
7. In VMware Fusion to add the serial ports for XRv you must manually edit the .vmx file before starting it. You must create at least one serial port, and up to four are supported. (The first acts as IOS XR console port, and the others provide ksh consoles.).
Click on Option+right-mouse click on VM > Open Config file in editor.
Then, add the following lines
ethernet0.virtualDEV = "e1000"
The XRv image requires the use of e1000 NIC, without the above you will not see any interfaces present on the XRv router.
The following lines are also required for the serial console,
serial0.present = "TRUE"
serial0.fileType = "network"
serial0.fileName = "telnet://127.0.0.1:9001"
serial0.startConnected = "TRUE"
serial0.yieldOnMsrRead = "TRUE"
8. Start the IOS XRv Virtual Machine. Fire up Terminal Application and connect.
You can then just telnet localhost 9001 to get access to the console (Thanks Harold for the tip!)
I was playing around a little bit with the new ASR9901 running the 6.4 version and I noticed that the command "monitor interface XXX" which previously was showing the packet/byte rate is not available anymore. I have tried to lookup int...
I need some help on QoS on IOS-XR. I've Juniper QoS configuration and need a support to convert the same to IOS XR. I'm not well in Juniper.
#run show configuration class-of-service
Juniper QoS config as follows.
I am using below hardware and software for BFD over bgp for failure detection.
please confirm that BFD is supported over BGP or not on below hardware. as i have configured bfd with my upstream but BFD neighbor is not getting up.
how many MOD-160 can be installed on RSP-440? we are having ASR 9006 router and already we have installed 1*MOD-160 & 1*MOD-80 and now we need to installed 1*MOD-160 & 1*MOD-80.
can you please confirm can i have 2*MOD-160 & 2*...