Important: This document is intended as a quick start guide and is NOT an official document for what is officially supported. The demo version of IOS XRv is offered without support and can be run on top of any hypervisor. For information regarding supported hypervisor for simulation/production deployment, please refer to the official Release Notes.
Running Cisco IOS XRv on VMware Fusion/Workstation
The following steps shows how to get IOS XRv running on VMware Fusion or Workstation. Screenshots are based on VMware Fusion running on Mac OS X.
Download IOS XRv
You may download IOS XRv from the following location
1. Fire up VMware Fusion, select File > New > More Options.
2. Select Create a custom virtual machine.
3. Choose Other > Other option for Operating System.
4. Select Choose an existing virtual disk, pointing to the XRv image filename you have downloaded earlier.
5. Select Customize Settings. Allocation at least 3GB of memory to XRv Virtual Machine.
6. If you require IOS XRv Virtual Machine to be bridged tophysical interface. Select the appropriate options below.
7. In VMware Fusion to add the serial ports for XRv you must manually edit the .vmx file before starting it. You must create at least one serial port, and up to four are supported. (The first acts as IOS XR console port, and the others provide ksh consoles.).
Click on Option+right-mouse click on VM > Open Config file in editor.
Then, add the following lines
ethernet0.virtualDEV = "e1000"
The XRv image requires the use of e1000 NIC, without the above you will not see any interfaces present on the XRv router.
The following lines are also required for the serial console,
serial0.present = "TRUE"
serial0.fileType = "network"
serial0.fileName = "telnet://127.0.0.1:9001"
serial0.startConnected = "TRUE"
serial0.yieldOnMsrRead = "TRUE"
8. Start the IOS XRv Virtual Machine. Fire up Terminal Application and connect.
You can then just telnet localhost 9001 to get access to the console (Thanks Harold for the tip!)
This is what happens: ASR1001-X (16.03.07) and ASR1002-F (03.16.10.S) behave similarily:mlppp connection gets established by CPE, but each virtual link seems to only carry at most 100 mbps.if the CPE disconnects one link it works its way up to 260 mbps on...
Olá comunidade! Alguém saberia me informar se é possível atrelar uma VRF à uma VPLS?No cenário, possuo um backbone em MPLS, e preciso fazer com que dois sites de um mesmo cliente se comuniquem por uma VRF, de forma a separar as tabelas de roteamento....
Hello,I have a weird problem.I set up 6PE using an old ASR1000 as route-reflector. (IOS XE version 03.16.09.S).The RR eceive prefixes from 6PE enable routers and reflect them correctly.If I try to configure an outgoing route-map to a specific peer t...
Hi, I installed cXR-6.5.3 on an ASR9006 with dual RSP880 and one A9K-48X10GE-1G-SE. After running through the FDP upgrade procedure I noticed that three FPDs (fpga2, fsbl, lnxfw) on the RSPs failed to upgrade. (or maybe they did but reporting in...
HiDoes anybody know what this logs came from and what they mean ?Konrad RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Feb 13 17:00:23.175 bgp: ^H8o^TY^Q^W^Vql"^U^_<q^Q^T(null)(null)Color network (null) (path ID: ) received from 188.8.131.52RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Feb 13 17:00:23.175...