Important: This document is intended as a quick start guide and is NOT an official document for what is officially supported. The demo version of IOS XRv is offered without support and can be run on top of any hypervisor. For information regarding supported hypervisor for simulation/production deployment, please refer to the official Release Notes.
Running Cisco IOS XRv on VMware Fusion/Workstation
The following steps shows how to get IOS XRv running on VMware Fusion or Workstation. Screenshots are based on VMware Fusion running on Mac OS X.
Download IOS XRv
You may download IOS XRv from the following location
1. Fire up VMware Fusion, select File > New > More Options.
2. Select Create a custom virtual machine.
3. Choose Other > Other option for Operating System.
4. Select Choose an existing virtual disk, pointing to the XRv image filename you have downloaded earlier.
5. Select Customize Settings. Allocation at least 3GB of memory to XRv Virtual Machine.
6. If you require IOS XRv Virtual Machine to be bridged tophysical interface. Select the appropriate options below.
7. In VMware Fusion to add the serial ports for XRv you must manually edit the .vmx file before starting it. You must create at least one serial port, and up to four are supported. (The first acts as IOS XR console port, and the others provide ksh consoles.).
Click on Option+right-mouse click on VM > Open Config file in editor.
Then, add the following lines
ethernet0.virtualDEV = "e1000"
The XRv image requires the use of e1000 NIC, without the above you will not see any interfaces present on the XRv router.
The following lines are also required for the serial console,
serial0.present = "TRUE"
serial0.fileType = "network"
serial0.fileName = "telnet://127.0.0.1:9001"
serial0.startConnected = "TRUE"
serial0.yieldOnMsrRead = "TRUE"
8. Start the IOS XRv Virtual Machine. Fire up Terminal Application and connect.
You can then just telnet localhost 9001 to get access to the console (Thanks Harold for the tip!)
Hello everyone,I have a ASR 920 (ASR-920-12SZ-IM) currently on loan from the Amsterdam Demo Depot and I would need some help in configuring ethernet virtual connections. I have no experience in configuring these services. I have attached a drawing to...
Hi, Guys, There are two SRMS servers in the network, I wonder how SRMS Clients select the one of SRMS server as the active one, what's the election factors and how could i specify the one of SRMS server as the active server, the another one as redund...
On ASR-9904 Chassis with RSP5-SE. I was under the impression that the RSP - Chassis combo could support 1.8T per line card. However, when a A9K-8X100GE-TR is inserted, I get RATE LIMITED message. %FABRIC-FIA-1-RATE_LIMITER_ON : Set|fialc[...
Hey folks, I am trying to configure an intra-domain PCE/PCC setup with headend initiated ODN policy. It looks like PCEP is up and report messages gets delivered to the PCE, however it looks like the update messages aren't there and the ERO from PCC to PCE...