Important: This document is intended as a quick start guide and is NOT an official document for what is officially supported. The demo version of IOS XRv is offered without support and can be run on top of any hypervisor. For information regarding supported hypervisor for simulation/production deployment, please refer to the official Release Notes.
Running Cisco IOS XRv on VMware Fusion/Workstation
The following steps shows how to get IOS XRv running on VMware Fusion or Workstation. Screenshots are based on VMware Fusion running on Mac OS X.
Download IOS XRv
You may download IOS XRv from the following location
1. Fire up VMware Fusion, select File > New > More Options.
2. Select Create a custom virtual machine.
3. Choose Other > Other option for Operating System.
4. Select Choose an existing virtual disk, pointing to the XRv image filename you have downloaded earlier.
5. Select Customize Settings. Allocation at least 3GB of memory to XRv Virtual Machine.
6. If you require IOS XRv Virtual Machine to be bridged tophysical interface. Select the appropriate options below.
7. In VMware Fusion to add the serial ports for XRv you must manually edit the .vmx file before starting it. You must create at least one serial port, and up to four are supported. (The first acts as IOS XR console port, and the others provide ksh consoles.).
Click on Option+right-mouse click on VM > Open Config file in editor.
Then, add the following lines
ethernet0.virtualDEV = "e1000"
The XRv image requires the use of e1000 NIC, without the above you will not see any interfaces present on the XRv router.
The following lines are also required for the serial console,
serial0.present = "TRUE"
serial0.fileType = "network"
serial0.fileName = "telnet://127.0.0.1:9001"
serial0.startConnected = "TRUE"
serial0.yieldOnMsrRead = "TRUE"
8. Start the IOS XRv Virtual Machine. Fire up Terminal Application and connect.
You can then just telnet localhost 9001 to get access to the console (Thanks Harold for the tip!)
Hi all!! We are using ASR9001 for BNG. It's connected to ASR9010 with bunble 4x10G.To police users traffic correct, on BNG bundle subinterfaces this command it presented: bundle load-balancing hash dst-ipThis is for users download. For upload we...
Hi, there are these syslog message that we occasionally get on our XR router with regards to BGP NSR going down on the standby RP. When we check the BGP neighborship or BGP NSR related commands were not seeing any flaps or anything unusual. Any parti...
When configuring a PE router with a XR router there are 3 different type o label allocation and are all clear to me.Just i don't understand when using the MPLS VPN per CE Label (aka label per next-hop) what does actually mean the limitation :"Do not ...
Hi, I am trying to read a specific data from nso py action (single read txn). Below is the NOS output and from the xml output I need data <chassis-id>C405-4725</chassis-id> I want to use something like this but it is not working with the ...