cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Youn Su Kim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Introduction

Cisco provides FI configuration on CCO. However, currently only redundant mode configurations are available. This article shows how to move from redundant mode configuration to standalone mode.

Prerequisites

Download Cisco VDS Transparent Caching Configurations file from cisco.com

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284412188&flowid=38022&softwareid=284724369&os=UnixOrLinux&release=5.1(1.b27-28)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Configure

1. Open the configuration file
  2. Modify the configuration file

• Delete the line ending with switchId = "B"

<computeChassisConnPolicy adminState="global" chassisId="2" descr="" name="" policyOwner="local" switchId="B" />

It should be ending with switchId="B". 

**  Please do not delete if the line ends with switchId="A".

• Delete the line or section starting with fabricEpMgr id="B"  between <fabricEp> and </fabricEp>

- between <fabricEp> and </fabricEp>, there are many sections or lines starting with fabricEpMgr id="B". You should delete all of them.

examples - From betweeb <fabricEp> and </fabricEp>,

snip

Find lines or sections are containing id="B" and delete them

** You can see the result in the example file i attached. 

• Replace switchId="A-B" to switchId="A" for ethernet configuration

For the Ethernet configuration, redandunt mode applied as well. If you will not replace it, Server profile will not associate with the server. Use the replacing function to replace them.

- Open replacement tool from the editor and replace all switchId="A-B" to switchId="A"

Example

Before

After

3 . Save the file

This is all we need to modify. I already tested this configuration in our lab and it has been working successfully.

I attached the exampl configurtion file. It curretly is being used in our lab

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links