Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

API Call for SLP IOS XE 17.3.4a

mg_avo
Beginner
Beginner

Dear fellow,

I'm currently looking for a way to receive specific SLP (smart licence using policy) information from an ios xe 17.3.4a device. 

I saw a way through the following github tool: "https://github.com/flopach/johann-network-device-monitoring" 

The problem is, I can not confirm that the source device was in 17.3.4a version, it could be higher. 

[OUTPUT from an LAB device -> NEXT ACK deadline in live device with similar timestamp then Last ACK received.]

sh license status | sec Usage Reporting

Usage Reporting:
Last ACK received: Mar 10 17:02:47 2022 MEST
Next ACK deadline: <none>
Reporting push interval: 0 (no reporting)
Next ACK push check: <none>
Next report push: <none>
Last report push: Mar 23 16:58:26 2022 MEST
Last report file write: <none>

I found a api query to receive the licensing information from the device but the "usage reporting" is not included. 

[...]/restconf/data/cisco-smart-license:licensing/

For verification:

https://yangcatalog.org/yang-search/yang_tree/cisco-smart-license@2019-07-01

Is there any other known way to receive this information or could someone provide me some help, so I could help myself?

I'm open for any kind of idea because there is an enforcement on the "ACK deadline" timer for any kind of subscription based (collab) licences.

Greetings

Micha

1 REPLY 1

mg_avo
Beginner
Beginner

It looks like it not included. Found an IOS XE Version 17.6.2 Device in another lab.

The api call output looks really different ... and there is the needed part:

<rum-ack>
<last-received-time>2021-11-11T08:38:15+00:00</last-received-time>
<next-report-deadline>2022-04-09T08:38:15+00:00</next-report-deadline>
</rum-ack>

Still looking for a way on the 17.3.4a version, if any known.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: