cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NSS326 Problems Using New SFTP Features

Jeffrey Senger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is anyone else having issues using the new SFTP feature that was released in the 1.2 firmware?  We are running firmware 1.3.  When we try to connect to the NSS326 via SFTP, the only user that can login is "admin" and they get placed directly into the root of the device.  We want to use the SFTP feature to backup Communications Manager (which requires SFTP) but being dumped into the "root" does not appear to give us access to the vast disk space on the unit, so the backup fails.  Is there a way to configure the SFTP options, because the administration GUI only specifies FTPS (Explicit)?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brilong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On my NSS326, I have a single RAID-6 volume and it's mounted under /share/MD0_DATA.  Each shared folder is containted in that directory (i.e. Web), but is also symlinked to /share, so my Web content is available under /share/Web.   If you create a new "backups" shared folder, for example, it should be available under /share/backups.  You could try specifying that destination directory for your SFTP backups.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

brilong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On my NSS326, I have a single RAID-6 volume and it's mounted under /share/MD0_DATA.  Each shared folder is containted in that directory (i.e. Web), but is also symlinked to /share, so my Web content is available under /share/Web.   If you create a new "backups" shared folder, for example, it should be available under /share/backups.  You could try specifying that destination directory for your SFTP backups.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers