cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Enthusiast

64bit LBACDP

Hi!

I'm looking for 64bit LBACDP but I've found only 32bit version on downloads section (trial downloads). There are only 32bit OS mentioned on system requirements page (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps4159/ps9954/ps9955/ps9956/data_sheet_c78-504122.html).

I downloaded trial IBM CDP version 3.1.5 that runs without any problem on my 64bit Windows 7.

Any idea if LBACDP is supported on 64bit OS if you purchase the product?

Regards,

Jernej

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Participant

Re: 64bit LBACDP

LBACDP is a 32-bit application.  LBACDP will work with 64-bit Windows Operating Systems.  64-bit OS is supported.

5 REPLIES 5
Participant

LBACDP is a 32-bit application.  LBACDP will work with 64-bit Windows Operating Systems.  64-bit OS is supported.

Beginner

It doesn't even install. The installation fails saying its not a 32bit OS.

Sam

Enthusiast

I've finally received LBACDP03 (I've been waiting for 3 months to receive installation CD-ROM). The version number on CD is the same as it's on Cisco.com web page: 3.1.4 from 2008.

This version isn't supported on 64bit OS. I tried to install it on my Windows 7 64bit but all I got is the error message "You cannot install on a 64bit Operating System".

Is there any newer version available that supports 64bit OS?

Beginner

Hi,

My name is Jason and I work with Cisco Small Business Support.  After researching the issue that you are having I found that Microsoft has listed the CDP program as incompatible with all versions of their 64-bit operating systems.  Also there is no known way to emulate the 32 bit environment needed for this software on 64 bit architecture without implementing a virtual environment.  If you have any further questions about CDP or if there is anything else I can help you with please feel free to contact us at 1-866-606-1866.

Enthusiast

I'm not sure if that's correct: I downloaded IBM Tivoli CDP trial version 3.1.5 that runs without any problem on my Windows 7 64bit. I was using IBM Tivoli CDP without any problem for 30 days.

64bit OSs are supported on IBM Tivoli CDP: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/continuous-data-protection/platforms.html?S_CMP=rnav

As far as I know Cisco LBACDP is based on IBM Tivoli CDP.

Is Cisco planning to release newer version of Cisco LBACDP maybe?