cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Community Member

Re: Add-On PKG Applications Available - What Applications Do You

Not sure if I Was able to find the link on how to enable transcoding on the forum as you have mentioned. Can you pls point us to it?

Abhijit

Beginner

Hi There

I think it would be a great to have video surveillance software on the NSS device. Let’s say if you could port the Cisco 16 IP Camera Software on the NSS (this software id free of charge) it would give a much more functionality to this NAS and will integrate fully with IP Camera Solution

Beginner

Adding IP DVR software for the Video Surveillance Products.

Cisco currently has 3 IPVS DVR Software products on the Small Business Family (SWVMS16, VM200 & VM300); it would be great to have these products as packages. Instead of getting a server and loading it with harddrives just to run these apps and have enough space to handle the recording; making a PKG with these products will convert the NSS300 in IP DVR's. It means that a NSS300 will be sold with every Cisco SMB IP Surveillance solution.

Beginner

Agreed!

Hi,

there is still no XDove pkg. Why? Manual Install via optware is not an option.

Ognian

Beginner

My experience with Cisco NAS is this. Every time you suggest a package, we seem to be directed to optware. I have yet to figure out what Cisco NAS offers more than QNAP other than Cisco logo? QNAP seems to come up with packages, features and updates more frequently than cisco.

Beginner

So the NSS300's are OEM from QNAP...?

If thats the case, thay already have some sort of Surveillance product package. It only works with 4 cameras though but its a good start. I wonder if this can be loaded on one of the NSS Units...

http://www.qnap.com/pro_application.asp?ap_id=70

Enthusiast

To start with I want to agree with others: Bittorrent clients.

And to manage downloads, torrent or newsgroup, "Sick Beard" would be a great addition.

Also, "plex" (plexapp.com) plans to have linux support later this year (only windows+mac today), if you could work with them and provide a plex-server pkg for the NSS that would be no less than awesome.

In regards to bittorrent and some other stuff, I have to agree with some that I don't like the "just use the optware packages" solution.

I'm already using optware to bridge the gap, but its not enough. The torrent clients that optware supports are not the clients I'd like to see (bittornado or utorrent), and for example do not have IPv6 support (which both bittornado and utorrent do have).

SMTP/IMAP + Zimbra (or simular) would also be great.

Thanks

Beginner

Hi,

i newer version of TwonkyMedia e.g 6.0.32 would be fine to fix problems on certains TVs.

Regards,

Martin

Cisco Employee

I vote for Dropbox, and a DNS server (BIND) built in to fully compliment the included DHCP server. I would also love to see the DHCP server expanded upon to support multiple scopes, address reservations and of course DHCP options.

Thats all!

Cisco Employee

One more cool feature that needs to be included is the ability to update your OpenDNS account. Something similar to the DynDNS updater already included. Maybe could do both... Now that would an awesome little box! 

Beginner

We are a small Design Firm. For us organization, review and retrieval is as important as storage.

We are very happy with our hosted ResourceSpace DAM but would find it very convenient to run directly from our NSS 326.

We would need the following to support that:

PHP

MySQL

FFmpeg

Ghostscript

Exiftool

Thanks!

Peter Farago

Farago Design NYC

Highlighted
Participant

Peter,

Thanks for the input.  PHP and MySQL are installed from the factory.  You can administor MySQL through the phpMyAdmin application.  You can find the application in the GUI under APPLICATIONS > PKG PLUGINS

There is another forum post on installing FFMPEG and enabling transcoding with the Twonky media server.

Beginner

Hi,

Can someone from Cisco give us an idea of if/when we can expect any new functionality/packages? It is all very well asking for ideas, but there is no feedback on what has been accepted or what the roadmap for the product is?

Can 'doishi' or someone please provide some feedback on what is going on behind the scenes and when/if we will get anything new?

I'm starting to think that I should have gone with QNAP, who seem more responsive with updates.

Any info gratefully received!

Beginner

Hi Clive and other forum visitors.

I fully agree that Cisco is way behind updates and new "solutions".

In particular QNAP is has much frequenter updates and is really listening to their uaers.

Can't say that for Cisco ... unfortunaly.

When I bought my Cisco NSS326 in favor of the original QNAP version I hoped that Cisco would be better in supporting the end-user.

But it turns out I too made a wrong decision after all.

If it wasn't for the 3 year warrenty I wouldnt have chosen Ciscos at all.