cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Add-On PKG Applications Available - What Applications Do You Wan

I suppose you could also use MozyPro to backup the data to the cloud as well.

Beginner

Add-On PKG Applications Available - What Applications Do You Wan

Phil,

No more packages for the NSS300 storage units from Cisco since they went End-of-Life/End-of-Sale. Since these units went EOL/EOS Qnap has taken over software releases for these units. They are several Qnap software releases since Cisco 1.5.0 - when upgrading to Qnap software its best to upgrade to 3.5.0 and then so on, Qnap is now released 3.6.x which has alot of awesome packages but not Mozy backup.

More information:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2107220

Release notes for transition to 3.5.0

Trust me its worth the upgrading - please be mindful of any serious configuration changes can corrupt if interrupted and cause lose of data so make sure all important data is  backup. I have seen only a few people say the upgrade didn't complete successfully. Usually they tried to jump past 3.5.0 to later Qnap image and it corrupted partition tables. So if you decide to upgrade make sure you download 3.5.0 image for conversion and your Cisco is on 1.5.0....

Go to Qnap.com and check out all their packages..

Jason

Beginner

Re: Add-On PKG Applications Available - What Applications Do You

Jason, thanks for the updates!  I don't know how I missed that EOL/EOS notice but I have to say I'm disappointed that Cisco has dropped storage from their small business portfolio.

In the absence of the NSS3xx series would you still go the QNAP route (with pretty much the same hardware) or would you look at a completely new vendor, like Iomega?

Beginner

Phil,

First i would completely buy Cisco NSS3xx while they last. The reason i say this is the hardware warranty that Cisco is providing is3 or 5 years after date of purchase, I think it’s 5. So the warranty is well worth getting a Cisco unit. Now as for software i completely update to the Qnap software (firmware). Honestly this box really can do almost anything. When you update to Qnap software this box will be... Vpn server.. FTP... Media server... Data base... Web server...LDAP Server...Anti-Virus

PBX...Proxy server(Squid)...Xmail…Transmission..and so on. The price points on the comparable models are roughly the same. Now when Cisco is out of Stock then yes I would buy Qnap branded hardware as I haven’t found another NSS that has all these features.

Jason.

Beginner

Thanks for the quick response, Jason.  Great advice!