cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
doishi
Participant

Any Optware fans out there?

Hello,

The new Optware PKG is available for download.  So this opens up lots of new application possibilities for users.

Check out http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/storage_apps.html for a summary of all the available PKG applications along with release note and download links.

Reply back with your favorite Optware application.

If you run into any issues with an Optware application, try posting for help here on the forum.

3 REPLIES 3
EricLByers
Beginner

Awesome, hadn't heard about Optware before, but pkg installed smoothly.  Got 'screen' and 'rtorrent' installed without any issues.  See there is a bunch of other stuff, that one package is pretty awesome now!

Thanks for getting this on!

Eric,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm sure the 'rtorrent' application will be popular.  I haven't used the 'screen' application before.  Glad you find this usefeul.

MrMessageWriter
Beginner

Hello it took me a while, but I solved my own issue with the Optware PKG.

When installing I could not find the package on my system after the installation.

THe ipkg command was not available directly from the command line, and the /opt on the root was actually using a directory on the RamDisk which obviously filled up quickly, when I used /opt/bin/ipkg to do an installation.  Also none of the packages installed were being correctly installed, and I just ended up with a bunch of files I didn't need.

So it ends up that the optware pkg wasn't actually completing it's install, (even though it claimed to be,) and instead was kind of flailing around, and making an install of itself which did not work on the NSS.  

When I looked in the package manager it said that the Optware pkg was installed at:  /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Optware/

However when I looked there was no .qpkg directory.   So I made one, installed the Optware pkg again, and all was well.