cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cisco is giving up on us

Finally Cisco has decided to go out of the SMB storage Market. (see attached message I just received)

This really s.cks.

After all promises Cisco mede they decide to quit support for the firmware releases and let us go to QNAP.

Something that we should all have done earlier!!

I don't think I will ever advise to buy a Cisco product again.

10 REPLIES 10
Frequent Contributor

Cisco is giving up on us

Hi,

Cisco having announced the EOS/EOL of NSS300 series has left some of our customers feeling like we are deserting them. This is far from the truth. The manufacture, QNAP, will continue to release new firmware and improve the functionality of these devices.  Cisco will release their finally firmware version 1.5 …, with this firmware Cisco has made it possible to migrate over to the QNAP firmware …..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps4159/ps9954/ps10817/end_of_life_notice_c51-685438.html

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Beginner

Cisco is giving up on us

When is the 1.5 expected release date?

Frequent Contributor

Cisco is giving up on us

Mark,

It's projected to be released this month...

Jason 

Cisco is giving up on us

So what does this mean for the Mozy Integration ??

Because on the QNAP side, it is Elephant Drive.

Frequent Contributor

Cisco is giving up on us

If you have Mozy then you will have to stay @ firmware build 1.5.x .

Jasbryan

Highlighted
Participant

Cisco is giving up on us

Firmware 1.5 has just been posted.  See the news thread below and read the disclaimers for migrating to QNAP branded firmware

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2107220

Beginner

Cisco is giving up on us

So no more CISCO small business NAS devices?  What are all of you doing.... QNPA, Synology, etc.?

I liked the CISCO devices for their reliability and the CISCO support.

This may make us reconsider our networking line as well.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

John

Participant

Cisco is giving up on us

As mentioned previously on this thread you can continue to get software releases directly from QNAP.  A helpful site to visit is http://www.qnap.com/cisco  This will help guide you toward migrating your software to QNAP branded software which will be maintained by QNAP.

QNAP has been the development partner for the Cisco Smart Storage products from day 1.  The same quality and feature-rich products are available in QNAP branded product.  While this migration may not meet the needs of everyone, it provides a path for a majority of folks to get bug fixes and feature improvements.

Beginner

Cisco is giving up on us

Doishi,

While I agree the prodcut quality is the same.... the support is not even CLOSE.

I want to like QNAP, and do like their prodcuts, but if you review their support policy and have ever contacted their support you will see/know that it is lacking.

Many of the posts on their support fourms state their is no cross shipping for failed devices, 4 day repair turn around (plus shipping), etc.  These are the types of things that made CISCO great.

Cisco Employee

Cisco is giving up on us

Hello!

I just wanted to be sure you are aware that new Small  Business Support Service contracts can be purchased for NSS products for  up to a year after the End-of-Sale date.  Exisitng Small Business  Support Service Contracts can be renewed up until 2 years after the  End-of-Sale date.

Please refer to the model-specific  End-of-Sale notices for the dates that apply to your model.

I  hope this is helpful in addressing your concern regarding Cisco support  for these products.

Best Regards,

Julie Royal

Product  Manager

Cisco Systems