cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco VLAN possibility

So, my goal is to separate my VOIP phone onto separate VLAN. I was told, I need a router that is VLAN Profile capable. I currently have a RV042G router that is holding 5 VPNs. My thing is, I don't want to have to get a whole new router, reconfigure all of it's settings (it is configured very specifically for our network). 

So, my question...

Can I purchase a separate Cisco Router (like a Cisco RV100) that is VLAN Profile capable, dumb it down to not use it's routing features and just use it as a VLAN host?

If this is possible, any recommendations or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
VIP Advisor

What about using a layer 3

What about using a layer 3 PoE switch?  That would make things much simpler.

Beginner

Recommended, that's your best

Recommended, that's your best option.

Contributor

I know this is old, but it

I know this is old, but it case anyone comes back to see it, it appears RV042G can support VLANs just fine: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/app_notes/RV0xx_an_vlan_78-21017.pdf

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --