cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Announcement“Cisco Design Thinking Workshop”. Cisco Small Business is excited to invite its Silicon Valley customers to an exclusive interactive one-day session between customers and product Managers.  If you are interested in this exclusive workshop, please fill out the Registration Form. For more information, please check out our FAQ

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Folders not visible in FTP

I've setup a number of Share Folders on the NSS 324 and I have FTP (TLS Explicit) setup and working, but two of the folders don't show up after all folders are listed. One of them being the Public folder.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Frequent Contributor

Mark,

Look at what user you are logging in via FTP. Now go under Administation --> under users click on private network shares and make sure that user has read or read/write for that share.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Beginner

User does have read/write for those folders.  They're still not showing up.  Currently only have the one user setup (admin user) and that's what I'm logged in with. 

I tried disabling read/write, saving, enabling read/write and saving again. Still the same.

Any other possibilities?

Thanks,

Mark

Beginner

Under Network Share => Share Folders. Click on the share property (the first icon with a pencil), make sure the parameter "Hide Network Drive" with "yes"=Visible folder to user. If it is "No"=Folder name is hidden.  This feature is applied for all access protocol such as Samba, NFS, FTP, etc...

Regards,

-Clint

Beginner

No dice. Also, everytime I try to make changes the system goes down for about a minute and everyone loses connection.

When I first turned this unit on and started using it, it was completely useless. Huge performance issues. After I updated the firmware to 1.4 it became usable, but it seems that there are still quite a few bugs. Here's hoping that 1.5 addresses these issues.

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Mark,

Does the logs show anything ? If you're having performance issues i would run a disk scan on all disks. Under disk management -->hdd smart information you can run a complete can if you have time or rapid scan. Also please make sure you have some sort of copy of data located on NSS.

Thanks,

Jasbryan.

Beginner

Re: Folders not visible in FTP

Here's what the Log says at the exact time when the network share becomes unreachable. The IP address is my computer:

I have network access protection on but I've now turned it off for HTTP(S). Regardless, the network share should not become unreachable for everyone connected when the system is adding an IP to the ban list. No?

Highlighted
Beginner

This is now a separate issue from "Folders not visible in FTP". Should we move this to a new thread?

Frequent Contributor

Mark,

Please give us a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case and we can take a look at both issues you're having.

http://www.cisco.com/web/siteassets/contacts/international.html#~tab-c?reloaded=true

Thanks,

Jasbryan