Can someone help me with details on how to get and install the latest twonky(TwonkyServer 6.0.30)? I can se a bunch of files @
http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0.30/ but not able to figure out which one to use. Please help.
Seems QNAP is giving up-to-date software updates. Why cisco is lagging behind?
Twonky license that is built into Smart Storage is an OEM license. It cannot be upgraded by downloading a newer version of Twonky Server. We will update the integrated Twonky license over time through firmware updates.
It would be possible to install newer Twonky Server versions directly on the device. You can check with the Twonky website & forums for help. Would take a bit of linux knowledge but possible.
We'll also be posting the Optware add-on PKG shortly. That will allow users to incorporate applications written for IPKG NLSU2. The PKG will be posted in the same area of the download center as the currently available list of PKGs add-on applications. The release notes are available already.
I have successfully installed the new version of TwonkyServer. Unfortunately, the takeover of the license key did not work and the server is running in test mode. Please can you told me which file contains license key or what I can do against it. If this is not possible, please tell me when the update for TwonkyServer will be published.
The license for the embedded Twonky license is an OEM license. It will not allow you to upgrade. You need to purchase a new license to work with the TwonkyServer you just installed.
Checking on the Twonky forums for how to enable TwonkyServer in linux is probably the best place to find an answer on the 'how to'
I am not a linux expert. Can you provide me the step by step procedure to install the new version of twonky media server?
I already have a licence for twonky with my windows pc and I wish to try if it is possible to use on this nas.
Thank you and Regards
it's a long time ago i do this. I currently have not the time, to write a step by step instructions. But i can list you the things i do from my brain.
2. Per SSH kill all the prozesses from Twonky
3. Copy the unpack archive to the install ordner of Twonky Media on your NAS (I don't know the path and have no NSS 32X here)
4. Restart Twonkymedia with the ssh console (I think you have to start twonkymedia.sh)
5. Go to the Web Interface of Twonkyserver and give in your CD Key.
6. Copy the Install Ordner of Twonky Media into a save location (save means, that that directory should not delected by a restart of the nas)
7. Write a Init.d Script that stops at the beginning of Start up all Twonky Prozesses, write back the safe directory into the install ordner and than start the Twonkyserver
Cisco firmware 1.5 has just been released and offers a migration path to QNAP branded software. Once you unit has been transitioned to QNAP branded software, all the QPKG applications including Twonky would be available.
Please read the news thread and be carefull about the disclaimers.